Latest Spy Shots - Cladding Removed

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
From what you can see this looks to be very much what the final product will look like. The only thing i can hope for is a surprise for the engine Tunned and head by Yamaha once again and a lotery win so i can buy one lol

Edit: rear Trunk not a hatch back is a huge disappointment

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Well that sure does look like the final design! Looks good to me. I'm anxious to see what kind of presence it has in person. And of course... what the final specs turn out to be for engine and trans.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
It's become a sad world where I'm more excited about the new Volvo V60 than the new Supra... if that's the final look, I'm not a huge fan. The rear looks good but the front, ugh

Abe's 1987

Sep 5, 2017
Houston,TX
I personally would post this thread on a bmw forum as most of the platform will be done by bmw as in engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, ect as they say. Toyota is only providing the body/frame of the vehicle again as they say.

Also body looks a bit like a cross of GTR and LFA. Is it just me?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I personally would post this thread on a bmw forum as most of the platform will be done by bmw as in engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, ect as they say. Toyota is only providing the body/frame of the vehicle again as they say.

Also body looks a bit like a cross of GTR and LFA. Is it just me?

Lots of people get hung up on the brand in this new car's development. There's a lot of hate towards BMW and I really dont get it. We're not talking about a joint effort with Kia here...

BMW has made some really good inline 6 motors and some popular tuner inline 6 turbos in recent history. They certainly make a more interesting and high performance inline 6 than Toyota/Lexus currently.

BMW is known for making world class grand touring style vehicles, like the Supra category, just not a hatchback. Combine BMW refinement with Toyota reliability and you've got one hell of a combo. I'm imagining an M5 crossed with a Supra and it's glorious. I suppose if you instead picture a z3 or one of the recent 7 series it'd be less exciting to think of the joint effort.

Styling wise, I actually really like it. I think the front is improved over the FT1 design. The rear of the FT1 was amazing and I think they made some compromises in these "final" iterations, but it's still quite dramatic compared to your average mid-range sports car/GT car yet not as overly done as the Toyota theme of late with the Camry and CH-R.

I do wish the top of the front fenders and hood was less bulbous and more sharp. I'll have to see it in real life to really judge it though. I do hope all the vents are functional in the body work. I don't care if even Lambo does it, fake body vents are retarded.

Abe's 1987

Sep 5, 2017
Houston,TX
Lots of people get hung up on the brand in this new car's development. There's a lot of hate towards BMW and I really dont get it. We're not talking about a joint effort with Kia here...

BMW has made some really good inline 6 motors and some popular tuner inline 6 turbos in recent history. They certainly make a more interesting and high performance inline 6 than Toyota/Lexus currently.

BMW is known for making world class grand touring style vehicles, like the Supra category, just not a hatchback. Combine BMW refinement with Toyota reliability and you've got one hell of a combo. I'm imagining an M5 crossed with a Supra and it's glorious. I suppose if you instead picture a z3 or one of the recent 7 series it'd be less exciting to think of the joint effort.

Styling wise, I actually really like it. I think the front is improved over the FT1 design. The rear of the FT1 was amazing and I think they made some compromises in these "final" iterations, but it's still quite dramatic compared to your average mid-range sports car/GT car yet not as overly done as the Toyota theme of late with the Camry and CH-R.

I do wish the top of the front fenders and hood was less bulbous and more sharp. I'll have to see it in real life to really judge it though. I do hope all the vents are functional in the body work. I don't care if even Lambo does it, fake body vents are retarded.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm a bmw nut myself. I've owned a few myself over the years and loved the he'll out of them! My concern is the fact that owning bmw's I know how expensive repairs are and constant issues they face compared to Toyota's history of reliability. My older brother had a sc300 which he had for over 5 years and man did he abuse the holy hell out of it. That car ran strong even with the abuse and lack of routine maintenance. If I where to want a new supra I would expect the same as recent with good reliability and cheap repairs.

Abe's 1987

Sep 5, 2017
Houston,TX

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm a bmw nut myself. I've owned a few myself over the years and loved the he'll out of them! My concern is the fact that owning bmw's I know how expensive repairs are and constant issues they face compared to Toyota's history of reliability. My older brother had a sc300 which he had for over 5 years and man did he abuse the holy hell out of it. That car ran strong even with the abuse and lack of routine maintenance. If I where to want a new supra I would expect the same as recent with good reliability and cheap repairs.