Last minute Austin Hill Country Cruise (6/13/09)

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
I do apologize that this is last minute, but plans were actually finalized last minute as well, so if you've got some spare time and don't mind going, that'd be awesome.

Anywho, once again, the Texas guys and gals of 6GC.net have put together our 2nd Annual Austin Hill Country Cruise and we would love to see some new faces out there with us!

darthripley said:
Here's all the info everyone:

Meeting Place:
HEB Grocery Store Parking Lot
12860 N Highway 183 78750

Time: 11:30 a.m. Saturday June 13th

We will meet, visit, check out cars, take pics etc @ the HEB Parking Lot
There is a gas station near there as well so everyone can get gas that needs it.
Make sure you have plenty of gas for the cruise before we start off.
Bring your own food (sandwiches etc) or pick some up @ the grocery store or gas station etc.
Bring PLENTY of drinks - water, gatorade etc. It will be well over 90+ degrees
Bring Sunblock if you burn easily & Bring extra coolant, oil etc for your car.
We will eat lunch & hang out there in the parking lot.

We will roll out for the cruise around 12:45pm --- NO Later than 1p.m.
If you are running late, call Death - but we are not going to stand around & wait for you.

Here is a link to the Map of the Cruise Route w/directions:

http://www.imageartstudio.com/justjoe/imag...tincruise09.pdf

Print out a copy for yourself if you want.

It is approx. 3 hours worth of driving - if that is too much for you don't come - no one wants to hear you complain about your sore left leg & the heat.
Some roads are very tight, twisty and dangerous. Know the limits of your car and do not push yourself or the car too far.
We don't want any accidents or injuries.
Try to keep a safe following distance with the car in front of you.
Don't get too far behind, but don't stay too close in case of sudden braking.
Please remember -- These are public roads with other drivers using them.
If the car in front of you is going too slow, pass when it is safe - click on your brights or something to let them know you are going to pass.
DO NOT PASS TOO MANY CARS AT ONE TIME! It's dangerous & disrespectful - end of story.
We will do our best to make sure no one gets left behind on the cruise.
We will go through an area with stop lights - so we will pull off & wait for anyone who gets left behind @ a red light.

There is a stop at the 360 bridge parking garage for pics, stretch & car cool-down time.
We may have another stop @ Mt. Bonnell which has the best scenery in the city.

The final stop is Rudy's BBQ 11570 Research Blvd 78759
We can eat an early dinner there hang out etc. then everyone can do whatever they want - go home, continue hanging out @ a local meet or whatever.

Those who are staying on Sunday are free to explore any roads they wish - there is no set schedule.

That pretty much sums up the schedule. If anyone in Houston does plan to go and would like to caravan out with us, please meet us at

7055 Hollister St
Houston, TX 77040-5384

by 8:00AM (8:30AM) at the latest. We plan to be on 290 and en route to Austin by 9:00AM.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, give me a ring at 281-795-8119. Like I mentioned, it would be great to see some new faces out there if you can make it! :)

More information can be found in this thread: http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=66390

-Alex

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Damn, not enough notice and I already had plans for vacation this month...

And they're better in the spring/fall as it's not so hot!

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
Here's the presumed roll call. I'm not sure if everyone listed will be going.

Houston:
-DEATH and Ping - '94 Celica GT2 [6/7th of June works for me but flexible]
-Overkill +1 - Either '94 Celica GT, '08 Tacoma, or '09 Corolla S [6/7th of June works for me, but flexible]
-NgoFcukinWay - Hellz yes! biggrin.gif
-Stephen_Lee - 94 ST [as long as its sat/sun I can do it any weekend.]
-Rob - '90 1JZ Supra
-Chippy - '92 5-spd Lexus Supra

Austin:
-MixMaster - '93 Celica Alltrac ST185
-snapshotgt - V6 swapped 6th gen

Dallas/Fort Worth:
-Darth Ripley and Just Joe - '90 Celica Alltrac ST185 [Would prefer May but is OK with 6th June]
-2bcelica - 98 Celica GT (hope I can make it)

San Antonio:
-D Dawg
-celispeed
-spolski07 - 2003 MINI Cooper S
-CoreyG6 - 1986 MK3 Supra Boat

Lufkin:

-Jared95 - 95 ST or Kawasaki KZ1000

Poodles - I do apologize. I should've posted when the ideas were being tossed around months ago, but kept forgetting to post up when I'm here in the rare moments that I am.