Kumho ecsta le sport

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I'm on Kumho Ecsta's, but I don't see LE Sport on them. Looks like they are model 711. I can't say I have ever put any real power to them (300 at best), but they have lasted forever. I believe they are on their 5th Supra now. I got them off of a parts car I bought several years back. I've probably put 30,000 on them in the 4 cars I've had them on. They looked pretty new when I got them. And, they have a good bit of tread still on them. I tracked them a few times in my old grey car, and I never spun them much.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I had 711's on the Miata for a while. They did just fine in day to day driving, but I took them to Canyon Lake (guess why it's called that?) once or twice, and realized I was going to need new tires. They didn't like heat all that much, and corner after corner after corner, they get hot. If you're just cruising around they're alright, but they won't do great if you abuse them. That said, the set I had was well used. They probably still had 40-50% of their tread left, but I wasn't at all upset to swap them for some GS-D3 Goodyears.

If you're looking for a cheap, yet sticky tire, I recommend the Nitto NT05 or the Dunlop Direzza Star-spec.