Koni yellows

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
I just wanted to ask who was running koni yellow adjustable and how firm they went on the setup and how it drives on the street thanks i just want a rough idea on how firm i should set them. thanks

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
0 should be fine to start, you're going to have to drive it some then make adjustments based on how the car behaves.

Been using Yellow's 10 years now and apart from losing one to a dead bump stop they've been faultless to the point when I had a set of custom coilovers built I had them made using Yellow's as the base.

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
IJ.;1025851 said:
0 should be fine to start, you're going to have to drive it some then make adjustments based on how the car behaves.

Been using Yellow's 10 years now and apart from losing one to a dead bump stop they've been faultless to the point when I had a set of custom coilovers built I had them made using Yellow's as the base.

thanks IJ I'll just install them as is and do exactly as you said, determine what i want after I drive a bit and see what they feel like

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
IJ.;1025869 said:
I can't stress how Important GOOD quality bump stops are ;)

Without them the piston/adjuster on the end of the shock shaft will SMASH itself and the valving to death. :(

alright thanks i'm going to make it a point and invest in some quality bump stops

ecko

Feb 18, 2008
Tasmania
im also getting koni yellows just waiting for them to arrive.. Where/ how much are these sleeving kits??

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
I have koni's as well.
I recommend going softer initially then tightening them up if so desired.
Mine are quite stiff atm and I need to soften them up sometime.
All in all a great shock, only thing I could want is the upper adjuster instead of having to take them off.

boosted17

Jun 5, 2005
Florence, KY
I had these as well I loved them. They didn't beat me to death. I wish I could remember what I had them set at. They also are made not far from me! :thumbup:

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
I have mine set to the hardest setting in the front and one from the hardest in the rear. They are stiff enough for a really good autox setup.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
How do you adjust these? I know for the Honda world you get a knob and adjust them on the very top of the shock that sticks out of the mount.(top of shock tower)