Knock senors!

TRDownShift

Sep 19, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
Im in the middle of building my GTE back up (REALLLLLY need a DD like NOW) and came across one of the knock senors broken off like someone came down on it with a hammer. anyway, I now need one and the junk yards around here only have N/A supras, I know the turbo uses 2 but i only need one, i was wandering if i can just yank the one from the N/A and plug it right in to fill the gap. Thanks in advance for a speedy reply. strapped for cash and time!:aigo:

TRDownShift

Sep 19, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
Oh ok, thank you! as for the supra at the junk yard, it looked the same as mine once i got the IM off :( BUT! I did find an 87 cressida and even though i think it's a 5M the knock sensor looks the same as mine, like it would plug right up? Am i Right? not sure but we'll see this weekend, I didn't bring a big enough wrench to get the damn thing off :p but it's alright, looks like that cressida has been there for months and the only thing missing with the radio and the freakin cat LOL i think the sensor will be there wen i go this weekend :p

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
You dont have to just get them from supras.....I grabbed some from picknpull from a couple of cressidas, Im thinking even camrys, and toyota trucks were all the same.

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
I heard that if you wanna test if your know sensor work, you gotta let a warm engine idle, then knock on it with a hammer (no too hard) and if the rpm drops, that mean the ecu saw the knocking right?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I used two knock sensors out of a late 90's (i think) 4-runner.
They use a different plug, but since I had those plugs as well, and they were in WAY better shape than mine,
I just spliced them in. I've never had a KS code since.