Kirkey Seats

Raven97990

Supramania Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Georgia
www.speedforsale.com
Make sure you buy a cloth cover from them for it. I love kirky seats. Take the time to measure and order the right sized seat. I have used them in racing and kirky is the only seat I can come out of after a long session and not be exhausted. But you need to get the right size!

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
these are supposed to feel better than the steel-framed FIA seats that are competing for price right? With the right padded cover of course, it's supposed to feel more like a FG/CF seat?

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Raven,
Thanks for the tip; I've taken the measurements. There is Competition Motorsports in Portland, OR, which I can try out the seats before I buy.
Pure,
I'm still planning on making my Supra light enough for Time Attack and HPDE track days with Cascade Sports Car Club.
IBought,
The "Torino" seat are nice... I'm still looking at those too (now named, R505), but as replacement for the stockers that are beginning to breakdown after 25 years of use.
Van

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Thanks for all the tips; I just placed my order, for the Kirkey Intermediate Road Race seat w/ Air Knit upholstry. I'll get it expertly installed at Competition Motorsports, next week. Van:burnout:

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
PureDrifter;1791492 said:
are you going to brace it against the cage? it's not FIA approved (none of kirkey's seats are) so you can't run it without a brace afaik.
That's correct. They only have one seat that's certified and that is through SFI.
I'll be getting the one I bought, braced to the harness bar at the back (just below the harness openings in the back of the seat).
The seat I sat in today and bought, was almost as comfy as our stocker; I hope it lasts... Van