Killeen/FT Hood

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
got 1 ecu fixed so far, spend around $47 on all the parts (soldering iron, etc) works good thu. Now just have to wait on some High Temp caps to arrive in mail so I can get my stealth ecu working real nice.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Off topic but do you hang out on Fridays with a bunch of other cars? I always see a group of cars in a parking lot in killeen almost to the Harker Heights city limits. Lots of Mustangs, Camaros and Vettes with a couple of imports here and there.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
Nah man, I'm usually busy on Fridays (drinking, field, or fixing my car), besides, I got to get my 264's in and fix that damn injector O-ring vac leak I got. Once that's
done, I'll definitely check it out.
You got a Mk3 ?
I got a white '89 with no spoiler, OR plates, and really, really dirty. Say what's up if you ever drive by, lol.

Anyone got a part number for injector vibration insulator o-rings (INSULATOR, INJECTOR VIBRATION?) that go in your intake mani before the injectors+rail ? it's for a 1/2j should be the same as 7m I think.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I always drive by on Fridays, But I drive a big truck for H.E.B. and I don't think target would like a H.E.B. tractor trailer in their parking lot. Today I saw 5 or so old school rx7s, but no Supras.

Yeah I have a MKIII with a 1j. what turbo are you running with those 264s? are you single turbo? I plan on getting some 264s myself. Let me know how they feel when you drop them in. They are really supposed to change the feel of the car.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
I got a T-61 from DM.
Cams might take some time, I got to move off post some time next month. After that I'm gonna get springs and retainers from BC, to make those cams more fun.
If I'll have enough $$$, I might switch to T67+fuel upgrade with 700's or bigger (top feed).
Seen a bunch of STI's and Evos by Advanced Auto parts off Stan Schlueter tonight. Might be a good place to have fun.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Yeah I bought that 67mm turbo from dm about a month ago. I havent got to test it out yet things keep coming up. The latest is the starter. I have to install it and hope I can finally get that thing back on the road. I swapped the 1j out of a 90 into a pretty clean 89. I probably won't do much to it after the cams. I have a clean 87 shell that I want to 2j. So I will be saving money to sink into that project.

This is the 89 that I swapped the 1j into
p1618438_1.jpg

And this is the 87 that I want to 2j
p1618438_2.jpg

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
That's a one clean '89!
I feel you with things coming up man! Tranny, Diff, Tires, Fuel..... need to get a different job, or win a lottery, lol
You ever seen that 2.8l stroker kit from MTR? I wonder what kinda gains I would get with it?..
What size injectors you going to run with '67 ?