JZ oil cooler on 7M

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
I think I recall reading a thread on here that talked about something like that. Maybe IJ or Jdub can chime in but I seem to remember it being said that it taxes an already taxed cooling system since the radiator has to cool both the oil and water now. That being said, they seem to be good enough for the MK4 cars. They might have larger radiators though. I haven't compared the two side by side. I'll look up the thread though and get back to you.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The issue i see is that the distance from the o ring sealing part in the block to the start of the treads is much deaper on the jz engines than the 7m's.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
It definitely looks deeper on the JZ block.

3469ny8.jpg

img39282yb.jpg

and shortening the hollow bolt looks to be hard.

214cyoi.jpg

Not too worried about the extra heat load. The 1JZ uses this cooler in the MK3, and there are many examples of 2JZ swaps as well using the factory cooler.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya its atleast half an inch to a inch deeper than the 7m. If you could cut the bolt and get a 3/4-16 tap you could prolly thread it and make it work no problem. Would then just have to do something about the coolant ports.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If you just used the cooler part and cut and welded different angles for the coolant lines it might just bolt up. But if you use the adapter part it will need a bolt.