Just wondering?

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
does anyone who has done this headlight mod have a right up on how to do it and what is needed? if so let me kno,cause i am very interested in doing this some time in the upcoming months thanks
ANTHONY

sm_photo_missing.jpg

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
It is a custom job. Some people use fog and driving lights (BAD). Others are actually using legal headlights (hella 90mm). Custom mount, custom wiring, custom work to the motors to make them only go up part way.

I've been working on mine bit by bit since 2000.

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
NATAN666 said:
its taken you 6 years... and youre still not finished!?!?

i suddenly dont feel so bad that it took me two months to do a transmission swap.

Hard tops rock! What took your swap so long? Just procrastination? I'm hoping to get started on my swap next week so I was just curious.

....Along with the thread. I've been looking to do this project for a while. I've figured out how I'm going to change the linkage but I'm just not sure what would work the best for headlights because I would much rather use headlights than foglights :nono:. The NSX are sweet but I would rather pay rent instead of buying those.

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
HT5SSilverSupraT said:
Hard tops rock! What took your swap so long? Just procrastination? I'm hoping to get started on my swap next week so I was just curious.

....Along with the thread. I've been looking to do this project for a while. I've figured out how I'm going to change the linkage but I'm just not sure what would work the best for headlights because I would much rather use headlights than foglights :nono:. The NSX are sweet but I would rather pay rent instead of buying those.

mostly procrastination, missing parts.. finding parts... and a little bit of trouble which i had to figure out.

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
lagged said:
ill be doing it the same way supranick did it.

do you have a write up on how he did it joe? what he used and stuff along those lines? oh and i wanted to ask did juan part out his supra, cuz if so i might need some iinterior pieces. pm me and let me kno thanks

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
SupraNick’s headlight conversion is one of the best and most beautiful conversions done on the supra headlights. It was one of the first done and it was done right. That said I hope Nick doesn't mind if I use his picture to demonstrate what I think would look good on our lights. I think the narrower rectangle goes better with the Euro corners. Don't get me wrong I think the setup Nick has is awesome. But I like rectangles:icon_mrgr .

p166006_1.jpg

Last edited:
N

NDBoost

dirgle said:
SupraNick’s headlight conversion is one of the best done and most beautiful conversions done on the supra headlights. It was one of the first done and it was done right. That said I hope Nick doesn't mind if I use his picture to demonstrate what I think would look good on our lights. I think the narrower rectangle goes better with the Euro corners. Don't get me wrong I think the setup Nick has is awesome. But I like rectangles:icon_mrgr .

p166008_1.jpg
i actually do like this alot better but who sells the lights :)

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Not sure what headlights to use yet, I would have to do some research. The pic is just a PS as I'm sure you know. It's just the start of an idea.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
??supra said:
do you have a write up on how he did it joe? what he used and stuff along those lines? oh and i wanted to ask did juan part out his supra, cuz if so i might need some iinterior pieces. pm me and let me kno thanks

that car is gone already. uh supranick had a write up over on supraforums, but i think its not there anymore...

find a hella dealer with reasonable prices. get the 90mm projector module and then the regular 90mm for the highbeams. from there decide if you want to use a halogen bulb or go HID ($$$)

after that find a way to mount them. ill be getting some aluminum stock and making some type of enclosure/mounting surface. the electrical is cake. then all you have to do is modify the mechanism that opens the head lights, i havent looked at it yet but im sure its easy to do.

EDIT: you already have HIDs that plug into the stock harness so its that much easier for you. you use that bulb for the projector, then find the line that powers the highbeam bulb. id use a regular halogen bulb for that.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I've heard rumors that there is a motorcycle headlight that is small and rectangle. Start there.

Those people that complain about lighting are either doing fixed headlights or using fog light/driving lights or both. Hellas were designed as headlight main beams and are one of the most state of the art headlights available.