Just wanted to say....

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
I miss my supra! :'(
It's has not been Driven since June 2012.
Due to seized bearing.
I'm almost done with my build. Just a few things left to do.
Lubricate, connect all electronics, front end of the motor( a/c, power steering, fan assembly, radiator)
And a few odd and ends.
I just want it to be over with.lol I miss driving it!

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lol.. Im in the same boat with ya. Getting car back in a week or so and everything that was questionable has been rebuilt (including replacing the alternator brushes even though it wasn't giving me problems).
Problem is.. snow and my car do not mix.. lol.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Hang in there man, mine was down for ~13 months while I saved up for and did the 1j swap. ;)

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Thanks thanks guys I really do appreciate it. I'm hanging in there, just want it now. Lol
Tired of driving my dodge pickup or my brothers Honda haha

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
I know what you mean man, I picked up another Supra with a mint body I am gonna restore and rebuild and that will be for summer and the current one in winter because I can't imagine or handle driving anything else. Except my Harley! I wanna ride that! I got a month before the snow came and only got 1200 miles on, and now we have a metre of snow! Gonna take forever to melt away, but for now at least I am rolling in an MKIII Supra :)

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
yeah, hang in there. I haven't driven a supra since late 07, had mine stolen, and I've been fighting this shitty economy ever since... 'bout to buy/drive one back on sat. though :)

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Skeezix;1906610 said:
I know what you mean man, I picked up another Supra with a mint body I am gonna restore and rebuild and that will be for summer and the current one in winter because I can't imagine or handle driving anything else. Except my Harley! I wanna ride that! I got a month before the snow came and only got 1200 miles on, and now we have a metre of snow! Gonna take forever to melt away, but for now at least I am rolling in an MKIII Supra :)

lol.. a Reginan! My home town.. lol.. I was born in the Grey Nun's Hospital back in '63.. (I'm a classic)

Nougie

Nov 5, 2012
CA
Im currently undrgoing a BHG Rebuild so your not alone here bro. I get so many ppl tell me my car is a piece of shit but it doesnt matter because in the end, ill still love that piece of shit!:D

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nougie;1906638 said:
Im currently undrgoing a BHG Rebuild so your not alone here bro. I get so many ppl tell me my car is a piece of shit but it doesnt matter because in the end, ill still love that piece of shit!:D
These cars usually reflect the owners... They are far better than a lot of today's cars when maintained and repaired properly... Unfortunately there are a lot of people without the skill to do it properly fixing them. I see far too many cars that should be repaired bumper to bumper to fix the Mickey Mouse stuff that has been done to get it running or try to beef it up cheaply.
The longer I am on the forum the more respect I have for a lot of the members.

Have never had anyone yet say my car is a pos.

dmp316

Yard Man
Jan 25, 2011
Cape Coral,FL and Jamaica
i am in the same boat. I have driven my supra once and that was the day i bought it. It has been on jacks for over a year now. In a bout a week or so i should have it going. It was a blast to drive when i 1st drove it.

Nougie

Nov 5, 2012
CA
Grandavi;1906692 said:
These cars usually reflect the owners... They are far better than a lot of today's cars when maintained and repaired properly... Unfortunately there are a lot of people without the skill to do it properly fixing them. I see far too many cars that should be repaired bumper to bumper to fix the Mickey Mouse stuff that has been done to get it running or try to beef it up cheaply.
The longer I am on the forum the more respect I have for a lot of the members.

Have never had anyone yet say my car is a pos.

This is in fact true. Tho i can tell you i am not the wealthiest individual nor have the best job in the world, i can assure u that i have chosen to sacrifice all that i have and can afford to show my appreciation the the MKIII Supra. I own one not because i want to look cool and say "i drive a supra with a turbo in it". Also i worded myself a little poorly in that post. When ppl say my car is a POS, i dnt mean strangers lol. My brothers,sisters,and my dad says it lol. Its more of a joking kinda thing tho. I havnt had the chance to really "maintain" my supra as i just got it, then a week later BHG. I can assure u maintenience will start off with MHG and ARP Headstuds:D .......for now

Nougie

Nov 5, 2012
CA
HMNGSupraMKIII;1906735 said:
Yea i feel the same. I can't wait till Spring to come back. I miss driving the supra.

Your supra looks beautiful bro. Its very nice to see my fellow hmong people on these forums. Most of our ppl are still too stubborn to leave the honda/acura scene. but honestly i dnt blame them lol. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think itd just be more fun for us if we had more of our ppl into the supra community:D

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I luckily drive my supra through the snow, rain, ice, and sunshine. But next winter I plan on parking her for the winter months as the winters do take quite a toll on our old darlings. I can't imagine how much it's gonna suck. I couldn't drive my Supra for 3 weeks while the shop did my 1J swap, and god did I ever miss my car. Hang in there man! It'll just be that much sweeter when you put your foot to the floor for the first time, hitting full boost and having that wastegate open up as you sink into your seat, smiling from ear to ear. Just think, the more you get done now, the faster the process goes by and the quicker you can drive your Supra!

fadadman

Nov 19, 2012
Belize, CA
Feel the same way even though mine has only been sitting for a few weeks, got it Xmas eve 2012 with a BHG. but thats not the point, i wanna drive her but just cant, in the process of purchasing parts for a complete rebuild, including interior. wish me Luck

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Skeezix;1906610 said:
What is that, like a shovel full? Or a shovel deep? :p

Suddenly the ~1' or so we got earlier in the month seems not so bad. Interesting to drive in when your car is only ~5" off the ground though...

Nougie;1906638 said:
For what it's worth, even the worse Supras I've been in were better built than most newer cheap cars that cost at least 15x as much. My brother used to give me crap over my car, until he got a ride. Can't wait to take him for a ride when the power has doubled (and then some probably) mwahaha...

#04;1906708 said:
The last time I. Rode in supra was 1995

Resto entering year #4
Man... now that is dedication. Did you just one day wake up and decide to restore a Supra? Usually people don't want something until they have been around one.