Just picked up a new S&W M&P shield 9mm...

IRACEMYCOPCAR

HOLSET MAFIA HX52
Jan 27, 2008
SOUTH CAROLINA
Like the title says i just got my hands on (no pun intended LOL) a new M&P shield 9mm. This pistol just came out this year and is still pretty hard to get, mine was on backorder for 3 months and just came in last week. I took it to the range and shot 100 rounds out of it and it performed flawlessly. I will be going back this thursday and running another 100-200 rounds down the chamber. I have my concealed carry permit so i bought this to be my primary concealed carry weapon. I also have a Glock 19 which was my carry weapon but i wanted something smaller and easier to conceal and/or be able to put in my pocket. So far i LOVE tis gun. It shoots very nice and its the perfect size. The price was also very good, i paid $395 plus tax/title/tags for it and ended up walking out the door for $420. If anyone else is thinking about a nice pistol for a reasonable price i HIGHLY recommend it (its also available in .40 cal)

Here is a few pics:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Pics next to my Glock 19 for size comparison.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I have a couple of other guns also including a Glock 23 Talo EXO edition with nickel boron slide:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And a Mossberg 500 persuader tactical shotgun:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Old thread, but maybe you're subscribed- what made you choose 9mm over .40? Cheaper + more readily available? Or because of less recoil? I'm looking at the exact same gun right now, and am leaning toward the .40 caliber.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Fast forward a yearish later and I've got myself a .40 M&P Shield. I adore this gun. Recoil is quite manageable, I can keep a full mag within a 1ft radius at 50ft, and inside a paper plate at 21 while firing quickly. I haven't had my CCW permit for all that long, and don't get to shoot often, but when I do shoot I make full use of my time. Just figured I'd update incase anyone else searched and was wondering about it. Great gun for sure.