just got my car this summer and new to supras help?

shimafan02

Sep 4, 2010
Kentucky
okay i just picked up my supra 87 turbo, runs great but burning oil and going through coolant constantly my radiator light came on not to long ago but what could be causing me to burn through coolant so fast? could i have a bad radiator? or sensor going bad? i filled it up last week and its almost dry...havent driven my car much but when i do i normally dont beat the hell out of it

shimafan02

Sep 4, 2010
Kentucky
i havent seen any smoke coming from it but heard like almost a bubbling sound when i shut the car off after i noticed my temp was high

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

yeahhh thats the one thing i was really hoping it wasnt :/

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
when my car had a bhg it didnt smoke or nothing had no signs of a bhg other than the coolant disappearing. since you are turbo you should look into getting a Metal head gasket with arp headbolt/studs you will have to prepare the head and block but it will be worth it if you plan on going for bigger power or even staying stock you wont have to worry about it.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
its a right of passage for a supra owner. do a compression test and report back with the results. it is possible you have a leak but if you havent noticed a puddle and cant find any kind of trail a bhg is probable.

if it is a bhg do it once and do it right and you wont need to worry about it again.

shimafan02

Sep 4, 2010
Kentucky
yeah i havent seen any puddles or anything so ill order a mhg when i have the money and park it so i dont mess anything else up on it
i was wanting to do it this winter anyways just to make sure its done and i wouldnt have to worry about it thanks for the help guys!