Just got a 1986.5, now what?

Q

quarterturn

thanks for the good input. picked it up mainly for a fun driver so I appreciate your comments along with everyone elses of course. I sure am glad I found this forum.
Great input.

Q

quarterturn

No digital cam here but I'll see about getting some posted. Washed the outside real good today and for a 20 year old car it looks wonderful. I noticed some heads turning from passerbys while it was setting in the drive. I'll wax it good tomorrow and start on the engine compartment (with a toothbrush). thank goodness for this site.
great stuff.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
you can also try putting some cash in the tailpipe and see if it gets hot enough to burn, that might work out well also.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
I pressure wash engine bays all day long at work havnt had a problem yet with a 1 of em...

but I must say the spark plug valley does hold water, if you were to do it id make sure they were pushed in good and wrap tapre around the the SP holes for extra sucurity.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
Detailing!? hmmph thats what im good at lol.

Btw dont use Simple Green... the stuff is strong and works good sure it deterirates airplanes.... no joke lol, also oxydises your engine cause more of a chance to rust ask me how I know. thats all they used at nissan when I worked there simple geen bullshit would make your car look like its been sitting in saltwater for a week and rust under the hood isnt a pretty site.

There is some stuff called Hurricain that works wonders and eats break dust off wheels like nothing, there is many acidic sprays that would do the job but thats of course harmfull to you and the enviorment ;) if you cant find hurricain I suggest going to walmart and picking up some basic kitchen over cleaner and spraying the eninge and letting it sit then spray some more and let sit a bit more then go to town with a detailers brush (fancy word for jacked up on coke toothbrush) then myself id remove the sparkplug wires from the sparkplugs put waterproof tape over the holes and wash that area by hand then wipe, then cover with a towl or shirt maybe some more tape over the whole valley then pressure wash away.

but thats just me... dont listen to me tho I only work 45 + hours a week as a car detailer :)

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
americanjebus said:
you can also try using one big post instead of 3 small ones , there is an "edit" button.

WOW!!! is there really!?! :eek:

I made the post then actualy went back and seen the word "deatiling" in it so I made a new post sue me? or just get over it.

I can see you passed first grade... there is 2 post this makes 3..

im in no way trying to start anything I just think you needa get off my back.

Q

quarterturn

thanks, I'll take your advise and clean it by hand.

appreciate it.

Q

quarterturn

thanks for the advice on cleaning under the hood. makes sense.
washed and waxed the exterior. wish I had a digital cam (I'll get one soon for pictures)
It does look very nice. I probably would not call it mint as it does have a few door dings and a rattle or two that I may be able to find. But, for this old of a car anyone can tell it's been protected. The car seems to run very well. The car is quiet with a stock muffler system on it. The engine is quiet as well. Smokes a tad when you first start it but I have not changed the oil or anything yet. I need to decide what type of oil I want to use. Any suggestions on oil?? But I took it for a 40 mile spin today and she didn't smoke at all after I got her warmed up pretty good. Steering wants to track to the right just a smidge so she probably needs an alignment check. Tires are fair. Again, not mint, but I think she'll make a cool little driver which is what I want.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
ShagsSupra said:
WOW!!! is there really!?! :eek:

I made the post then actualy went back and seen the word "deatiling" in it so I made a new post sue me? or just get over it.

I can see you passed first grade... there is 2 post this makes 3..

im in no way trying to start anything I just think you needa get off my back.

.................. uhh i wasnt on your back, if you look up like 2 posts above yours there are 3 in a row. just sayin man i wasnt talkin about you, chil pill.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
^^Yes a chill pill is indeed a friend to many at times.

That is overwith now, but in the future, can members please just make one post when you want to say something rather than multiple posts in a row for no obvious reason.

Much appreciated,
TM

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
americanjebus said:
.................. uhh i wasnt on your back, if you look up like 2 posts above yours there are 3 in a row. just sayin man i wasnt talkin about you, chil pill.

blah thought you were refering to me and I was half asleep and I was cranky X_X sorry about that.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
we all have our days. its in the past ::smacks you on the head with cane of wisdom:: forget about it :)

-shaeff