Just found out my thyroid has to be removed

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Lol, yeah I use to work in radiology 13 years ago. We use to have to put really large patients on that little table and strap them down like there's no tomorrow. Good luck with your procedure.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Went in today and had 8 viles of blood drawn and have to do a 24 hour urine collection starting tomorrow morning. I also scheduled my parathyroid gland scan with nuclear medicine for Friday at 8:30 AM. That'll be a fun 2 hour appointment along with the awesomeness of getting up at 5:30 to get there on time (Seattle traffic blows).

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Thanks all. I got the call finally a couple hours ago that I have to be in Seattle tomorrow morning at 8 AM for 2 pre-surgery appointments. Sooo not looking forward to waking up at 4:30 and leaving by 5 to beat the traffic. Hopefully I'll be able to take a nap in the parking lot when I get there.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Good luck man! I'd say daily pills are much better than the adverse of ignoring the issue. Good luck tomorrow. Best wishes on a fast recovery!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
honestabe;1743559 said:
Thanks. The alternative to surgery is me choking to death. I'll take the surgery. I think I'll have the scar from the surgery tattoo'd to look like a zipper :D

Most surgeries these days are almost scarless.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
honestabe;1743559 said:
Thanks. The alternative to surgery is me choking to death. I'll take the surgery. I think I'll have the scar from the surgery tattoo'd to look like a zipper :D

This would be badass. I remember having a cyst removed from my cheek (stupid thing got cut open due to Doctor S. Teadyhands, so it grew back), he was worried about having a scar on my face. I honestly would appreciate that...

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
So I just got out of the hospital. My surgery went well. They removed my thyroid completely and the tumor. I get to see how many stitches I got tomorrow when I remove my bandage. My throat really hurts, especially when I swallow. But I am able to talk. I can't move my head much though.