huge fmic
2.5 inch intercooler piping
removed egr system
removed evap canister
removed cruise control
removed boost pressure sensor....have aftermarket boost gauge
3" dp and 3" full exhaust no cats ... no res... and a turbo muffler
edit** sorry.. it also has arp studs trq'd to 85 and 1.4mm titan metal hg

it will start and it will run rough, after a few it will even out but when you give it alittle gas it chokes out and almost dies.. sometimes does
it also runs and sounds like it is missing when you give it gas and cant drive it... it bucks and chokes
i have tried to adjust timing and it is about 11 dbtc and throws no codes.
i was thinking maybe the crank is 180degrees out but dont think that is possible?? could it also be the iac or something?? i have tried everything and getting to the point where i will just sell it but i have spent 8g's on just the body work and paint... not to mention the engine and interior
does anybody have any suggestions or ideas.. if you are local to the fort knox area and can fix it let me know... got cash... thanks

Last edited:

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
the tps is within range from what i have read... i got a whole throttle body off a running car and it helped out alot but still messed up

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
With our wasted spark system, 180 degrees out doesn't matter, so that's not it. It seems to get worse when you open the throttle, so it's rather unlikely that it's the throttle plate, either.

The things that I would check are cam alignment - are they both lined up properly? And are they both aligned with the bottom end? Plugs, wires, and coils are next.

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
GrimJack said:
With our wasted spark system, 180 degrees out doesn't matter, so that's not it. It seems to get worse when you open the throttle, so it's rather unlikely that it's the throttle plate, either.

The things that I would check are cam alignment - are they both lined up properly? And are they both aligned with the bottom end? Plugs, wires, and coils are next.

they are lined up to the marks and the crank is 0degress... looking in the oil fill turned crank counter clockwise untill you can see lobe and then counter clockwise 120 degrees to the 0 degree timing mark(sorry if i am alittle off i am going off memory) then i checked the cam sensor and lined the tick mark to the center hole?? i am lost....HELP

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
What did you gap your spark plugs at?

Would you happened to have forgotten to tighten any intercooler piping?

Perhaps the lower outlet pipe off your Compressor housing is off?

I forgot to put it on once after putting everything back together...:)

Also, do you have any sort of monitoring systems (wideband, SAFC, etc) ?

Numbers?

-Jeff

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
Boost Lee said:
What did you gap your spark plugs at?

Would you happened to have forgotten to tighten any intercooler piping?

Perhaps the lower outlet pipe off your Compressor housing is off?

I forgot to put it on once after putting everything back together...:)

Also, do you have any sort of monitoring systems (wideband, SAFC, etc) ?

Numbers?

-Jeff

it did it before i took all the ic pipes off and welded a bead around them and put them back on.. also i have no wideband but i do have the air fuel gauge.. but not hooked up... i have a hks vpc hooked up and it will run with no ic pipes even on the car...(n/a... no turbo)

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
somebody... anybody have any suggestions??? i sprayed carb choke cleaner almost everywhere and nothing happened?? i will again tomorrow but i think it is the iac maybe..i will also cheack the tps again.... is someone is local and knows alot about 7m's call me 270-312-8503.... Josh

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
ok update... i checked all the grounds and they are fine.. i added a few more just to help.. still the same.. it misses really bad when you give it gas.. i sat with the gas on and played with the vpc settings and it evened out alittle but still misses.. i have 440 injectors and 550 chip.. could that be it? and does anyone know what the ideal settings are for the vpc?

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
AAAHHHHH i fixed it ....kinda
i unhooked the vpc and put the afm back on and it fired right up no hesitation no sputtering and no choking.... i guess it is the vpc settings or i need a safc.... ITS ALIVE