Just bought a motorcycle

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
I wanted to wait until i got pics but im so excited, i just bought my first motorcycle! its a black with red lettering 2008 kawasaki ninja 500r. i was going to get the ninja 250 at first but then it was sold. later after thinking and dealer confirming, after about 3 months i would want to shoot myself for getting a ninja 250. price will end up being around $5300 after everything is said and done and the lowering links are installed. im pretty short.. i can tip toe the bike but since im still new to riding bikes, ive only ridden a dirt bike a couple times. i like keeping my feet sorta flat on the ground. cant wait until tomorrow when i go pick it up! just wanted to share my excitement lol.

Cliff notes: bought my first bike. kawasaki ninja 500r. cost: $5300 after everything and lowering links. very excited to pick it up tomorrow!!

anyone else buying a motorcycle this year to save on gas?

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
zachm611;1030126 said:
anyone else buying a motorcycle this year to save on gas?

Me, in about a month or so. I'll be moving farther away from work, so it will primarily be used as a gas sipping commuter.

Just shopping around right now to find the best deal.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
I rode for years but not for some time now. Good choice, the Ninja 500 is a great starting bike and will last you forever. If you haven't taken the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Rider Course yet you should do it as soon as possible. It's a lot of fun and they will teach you many skills and techniques to improve your riding. They can also save your life. Ask me how I know.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
I am scheduled for the MSF course june 20th was the closest available. im excited i cant wait to go pick it up! lol

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
zachm611;1030722 said:
I am scheduled for the MSF course june 20th was the closest available. im excited i cant wait to go pick it up! lol

Awesome, I'm glad you are, I took the course and learned a lot. A friend of mine bought a bike about 2 weeks prior and he never took the course. The day I started the course he wrecked his bike, was doing like 30mph and he did something stupid and tore all his skin off his arms, broke his wrist and bruised the shit outta him. Moral of the story...DON'T SKIMP ON THE MSF AND DON'T SKIMP ON GEAR.
It would be like buying a supra with no doors and not wearing your seatbelt.

BTW: its been 2 months now since I've owned mine and its a ZX600R Ninja, and I'm deeply in love.:biglaugh:

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
here are some pictures of my motorcycle a my dads suzuki bandit. i love my new motorcycle so far its fun and very forgiving bike to learn on... and enough power to keep me entertained. i highly recommend this to anyone that is looking to learn.. the waves of acceptance make me feel all happy too lol everytime someone waves or waves back i get a big grin lol.

Attachments

• 100_0650.JPG
    100_0650.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_0651.JPG
    100_0651.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
im looking to get one too acually an old 1992 yamaha seca for cheap but the dude works in the service department of the dealership so im not to worried