Just a question

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
I saw the on "The Bay"..lol..and I was wondering what yall thought about this..granted, I know what all they said was wrong but just check it out and give thoughts. What do yall think? :1zhelp:

399f_1.JPG

37e5_1.JPG

374b_1.JPG

Price..$1050

Johnysupra

Rhenerie
Nov 7, 2007
Michigan
rhenerie.spaces.live.com
I was actually thinking about picking that up for spare parts for 1k not a bad deal. But everthing is still cut so just sensors and major parts will be useable. Its worth it for parts but not for a swap IMO. plus VVT-i=bad, Unless you keep it mildly tuned IMO

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
First off, looks to me like the motor came out of a wrecked vehicle judging how the front of the motor was damaged. Likely a front passenger side impact. Next, from what I can tell, all that needs to be replaced in order to run this motor is the water pump (for the upper mounting of the alternator). As for the lower alternator mount, you will have to know what your doing in order to fabricate an ear to bolt into. You will not be able to re-weld the original ear back on because the block is cast iron and it's extremely hard to weld cast iron. You can make a piece that will mount on two of the oil pan bolts (will have to replace two bolts with studs which is strong enough) and 90 degree up with a whole drilled through for the alternator bolt to go through and use spacers as needed. This will be strong enough if you do it. The reason why I know this is because I had to this to one of my motors.
Last, this is a VVT-I and not usually friendly with high performance. But if you plan to use it, and are willing to do the fabrication work, I'd say it's worth it.