Just a little Big Brake project

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
Just figured i would post this front 14" bbk setup that i pieced together all oem equipment and retains stock supra brake line and banjo bolt.and yes thats right 14 inch bbk and 17 in rim just got lucky there tho i think???? We have an enormous amount of R&D in this and it all paid off in the end now just to match the rear.

Update 14 inch bbk coming soon

Last edited:

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Looks great. This is just the info I have been looking for. I love the idea of 14" rotor and keeping 17" wheels.

Do we need to PM you about details.

thesupragod

Supramania Contributor
Apr 10, 2005
Mount Vernon, Ohio
The kit would be the complete setup, Pads, Rotors, Caliper, rotor to hub ring spacer and brackets. This is not a Mercedes caliper, and the setup is currently running on a set of 17" Cobra R replica wheels. So it does fit.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Mercedes use the same calipers as those on most cars from the 00's. Brembos as well they just dont say it on the front.

14in on a 17 wheel no all wheels are not going to fit it. Also have to be careful with the face as well. My xxr 521 will not fit either of those brakes as it hits the back of the face.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
hvyman;2036106 said:
Mercedes use the same calipers as those on most cars from the 00's. Brembos as well they just dont say it on the front.

14in on a 17 wheel no all wheels are not going to fit it. Also have to be careful with the face as well. My xxr 521 will not fit either of those brakes as it hits the back of the face.

Yes the face of the wheel is a factor here but a proper offset wheel with good spacer can work wonders

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
Aleo24;2036091 said:

looks like SRT challenger calipers like my setup. straight bolt on no adapters.

what rotor are you using? i need to replace my front brakes soon and was going to go with the arz kit but am open to other options that are on par with performace.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
black89t;2036149 said:
what rotor are you using? i need to replace my front brakes soon and was going to go with the arz kit but am open to other options that are on par with performace.
They look to be a custom 2 piece rotor

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Yes its a custom 2 piece rotor setup i designed with help marks engineering. Had to trim the bottom pad shield off to fit them. Now that DBA make one with greater surface area i could make a set without needing to modify the calipers. I also have the Evo/wrx rear caliper setup and it stops amazingly well and consistently at the track.

my 18" xxr521 fit great.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
FernandoDLT;2036182 said:
Whats the price? There's already a proven Wilwood kit available. How does this kit compare?
What i can tell you is this setup is fantastic a very large caliper and there is full pad contact with the rotor and we will be going with the sti/evo rear setup

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
KKZ SupraMan;2036192 said:
What i can tell you is this setup is fantastic a very large caliper and there is full pad contact with the rotor and we will be going with the sti/evo rear setup

do you plan on selling these as a kit like the arz bbk? im interested but unless the price is significantly less than the arz kit i don't think they will sell to well. looking to replace mine within the next month

thesupragod

Supramania Contributor
Apr 10, 2005
Mount Vernon, Ohio
The kits will be priced less than the ARZ kit, and are significantly larger, at 14". Another benefit is that you can buy pads off the shelf at any local parts store. Im not sure if the kit will be available within the next month, with the crappy Ohio weather that doesn't give us enough time to thoroughly test the setup.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
thesupragod;2036260 said:
The kits will be priced less than the ARZ kit, and are significantly larger, at 14". Another benefit is that you can buy pads off the shelf at any local parts store. Im not sure if the kit will be available within the next month, with the crappy Ohio weather that doesn't give us enough time to thoroughly test the setup.

dam too bad i'll have bought the arz kit by the time they're available it looks like oh well they look cooler lol. and all the pads at the parts store suck im a fan of porterfield ive had a set on my car forever and they make the stock brakes perform much better. good pads are very important with braking performance.