Juntao 5m swap to mk3 first I have heard of

lpolo69

Apr 30, 2005
plainfield, IL
Tajabaho1;1436626 said:
poodles is right dude

unless your car has some omgwtfbbqpixiedust that gives it 200hp more, then you obviously can't beat a 7mge, let alone a 7mgte with a 5m in the same chassis

that being said, I have a 7mge that is running decently (I don't do any maintainance on it, I can careless if it blows up today or tomorrow, it's going to the scrapper if it fucks with me) I'll give you a run for your money dude

ps: rod knock isn't hole in the block

and if there is a hole in the block, and the owner is still trying to race, that ass hat should be shot, killed, and have his entrails hanging by the gate. if it has rod knock, you tow it home, not race it

please go race a stock 7mge and tell me how it does

by the by, 145hp in a 3600lb chassis will make your car slower than this: my old daily driver

pic-44706.jpeg

and this thing had "real time all wheel drive" with a slider to control where your 130hp goes!!!

Why you have to play the race card with the BBQ?

Dakar2008

nookie
Aug 16, 2006
chicago, il
Tajabaho1;1436626 said:
poodles is right dude

unless your car has some omgwtfbbqpixiedust that gives it 200hp more, then you obviously can't beat a 7mge, let alone a 7mgte with a 5m in the same chassis

that being said, I have a 7mge that is running decently (I don't do any maintainance on it, I can careless if it blows up today or tomorrow, it's going to the scrapper if it fucks with me) I'll give you a run for your money dude

ps: rod knock isn't hole in the block

and if there is a hole in the block, and the owner is still trying to race, that ass hat should be shot, killed, and have his entrails hanging by the gate. if it has rod knock, you tow it home, not race it

please go race a stock 7mge and tell me how it does

by the by, 145hp in a 3600lb chassis will make your car slower than this: my old daily driver

pic-44706.jpeg

and this thing had "real time all wheel drive" with a slider to control where your 130hp goes!!!

once again, i ask, how do you drive a 7mgte with holes in the block????????, which is the reason we put this 5m in the car!!!!!!!!!!!.

Dakar2008

nookie
Aug 16, 2006
chicago, il
miekedmr;1438400 said:
to show you how it should be done. (it looks like it might be in an mk2 as well, maybe you should try that.)
:p

you have no idea what i've done, and i think you don't know much about that setup as well, it sure looks nice, but its all stock ecu/engine control. stock injectors, stock ct26, all it has is a RRFPR, , with that setup, it can only make 215hp., and also, his exhaust valve cover needs to be tapped to release the excess pressure or when it runs it will leak oil everywhere

on the other hand, my 5mgte, which has EMS, is able to support 500whp. without a pretty FFIM :icon_razz

lpolo69

Apr 30, 2005
plainfield, IL
miekedmr;1438400 said:
to show you how it should be done. (it looks like it might be in an mk2 as well, maybe you should try that.)
:p

FFIM on that setup is nothing but clear restrictive airflow!!!! That FFIM doesnt even match the throttle body size; the manifold is thinner than the throttle body itself. Makes no sense!

TurboThom

Sep 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Tajabaho1;1436626 said:
145hp in a 3600lb car is faster than two guys pushing a 3600lb car. :icon_surp

Minor thread jack....but I love the old RT4WD wagons. I had one a while back with a ZC swap, it was a lot of fun.

In on page 16

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
lpolo69;1438405 said:
FFIM on that setup is nothing but clear restrictive airflow!!!! That FFIM doesnt even match the throttle body size; the manifold is thinner than the throttle body itself. Makes no sense!

No it's not, it's a pipe leading into a larger pipe. The first pipe is the same size as the throttlebody and it leads into a larger tank.

It also makes plenty of sense as it has to go around the distributor.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
wow, i'm all for uniqueness, but i don't understand why anyone would want to swap a less powerful engine in their car.

props for doing it, and getting it running, but facepalm for putting it in a MK3.

7M FTW

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Mar 3, 2009
Indiana
.... I'm not quite sure why everyone has dogged this build so much....

Free motor... Free Chasis.... hmmm... sure as hell beats walking IMO...

I personally love anything that makes people scratch their heads and say "WTF?!"

I havnt been in the mkIII world long enough to say what I like best... I cant complain about my 7mge... it sat for over 10years never being moved/started... with 125K on the clock and currently after a year, I havnt done anything to it but drive it... (well.. besides a good tune up and a fuel pump... but thats what I get for buying a car that some asshat let sit for 10 years..)... no smoke... no knock... no coolant disappearing trick... and ive never driven anything powered by the 5m...

anyways... I say hell yeah.... in theory, It could rev higher then the 7m safely... and could make the same amount of power (with a wee bit more boost to compensate for displacement...)

All I have to say to all the people griping about it is... why not? If it belonged to you... and you had a free car... free motor... and could mate the two for next to nothing... wouldnt you? Why spend money that you dont need to...? Either way... I'd rather drive then walk personally...

Great build... Now throw some boost at it... I'm curious to see what one can hold up to...

-AcId-