july mid ohio nasa event

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
90turbo;1392101 said:
Cool videos man. Come on though, couldn't you just drive it out of the sand? I saw a Ford GT drive it out of there last year! :biglaugh:

Unless you're super experienced, its better to just keep it straight and come to a stop. You get sideways in the sand and you bruise more than your ego...

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
ma71supraturbo;1392212 said:
Unless you're super experienced, its better to just keep it straight and come to a stop. You get sideways in the sand and you bruise more than your ego...

i got the procedure 50% correct. I drove right off like i was supposed to but since it was my first time off and noone had ever instructed me about what to do in the sand i came to a stop, i should have kept moving to get out. once i stopped i tried to get rolling again but only dug in deeper.

I have videos from the august mid ohio event however WOT cam is editing them for me right now and i will update once they post them

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Nice Vidz Guru

It looks like you could not brake enough causing the beach trip ,however it is very hard to tell with so much audio input from windnoise and so little from the engine/tires...btw I belive that brake boiling/fading should've been felt in the pedal for sure. On My Track Supra I played a lot with the location of the mics (2 camera system ,2 external mics) and I found that the best location is just next to the front left/right targe bolts.

Also track logers are huge help I just use my phone and a $5 app. This is the output from one of my last week's laps.

As far as editing goes ,split screen ,vid in vid - Vegas Video the way to go:)

BTW Here is one short vid of my last week T&T sessions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6tv5FBjaYA