july mid ohio nasa event

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
Here are two short outside of the car videos from mid ohio in july. these are the short teaser videos. i have 16 videos which include inside and outside cameras but i am unable to put the videos next to each other. im still working on it and will update this thread as i edit more video. the first is just a random couple laps and the last is me trying desperately to keep up with a grand am mustang. and the resulting trip into the beach. i am still analyzing the in car footage to determine the reason for the beach trip. if someone can edit videos let me know i need some help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNFOjQHyZvY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvp4EjLlvxY

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
carter;1375888 said:
Wish i would have known or seen you around lexington, I would have stopped and chatted with you.

ill be back there the 15th and 16th swing by the course

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
t minus 1 week till the next event. the motor is hurt but i am going to run it regardless.

as far as mods the car is what i consider stock with some race tires. for reference i barely pull on a spec miata.

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
MDCmotorsports;1383061 said:
Took her in there wayyyyyy too deep Kyle. Thats why you went into the sand box.

lol thanks

no the intial decel rate was the same but the issue came when i entered the trail brake portion of the turn. the car just stopped slowing down, most likely brake boiling, i was pushing a little harder than usual, i did cut my best time during that session tho lol

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Looked to me like you were getting a little bit sloppier each lap that the mustang was pulling away. Your tires and brakes were probably losing grip over the session and it doesn't look like you were compensating enough.

Regardless, overall I think you drove very well. you also did well going straight into the gravel rather than trying to turn. Looking forward to seeing more videos

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
heh well those were indeed the last couple laps from the session and after i went deep in the keyhole i realized that was about it so i started taking it easy. but still went off in the gravel. i have done some airflow modifications to the brake ducts to try to force more air into them. i will find out if that helps this weekend.

should get my WOTcam tommorrow which means i should have some great footage for your all next week. if only i can find a decent video editing program

ma71supraturbo;1383622 said:
Looked to me like you were getting a little bit sloppier each lap that the mustang was pulling away. Your tires and brakes were probably losing grip over the session and it doesn't look like you were compensating enough.

Regardless, overall I think you drove very well. you also did well going straight into the gravel rather than trying to turn. Looking forward to seeing more videos

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
ok i am in need of a set of stainless brake lines by this weekend. if anyone has them let me know asap.

i need someone who has them close to louisville kentucky or close to mid ohio which is in lexington ohio

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
supraguru05;1384542 said:
ok i am in need of a set of stainless brake lines by this weekend. if anyone has them let me know asap.

i need someone who has them close to louisville kentucky or close to mid ohio which is in lexington ohio

I was probably going to buy some from "carter" here on the forums -- he has a new/unused set for sale in the classifieds for $60 -- but I have no immediate need for them