July Meet

connor.stephens

Nov 17, 2010
Clackamas, OR
Hey everyone i'd really like to get a meet going this summer sometime in July in the Portland area nothing huge just a day to bring out your supra and meet some other supra enthusiasts. I was thinking maby the 23rd or 24th of July or sometime in August what ever works for people. Let me know if anybody's interested.

Thanks,
Connor

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
It'd be great to see all the local Supra owners. Any idea where to have the meet? If we meet at 5PM at PIR on Friday or Saturday, we could also get some Drag racing in!

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
If we're going to race, the cost will be $27. On Friday nights, the line waiting to get in is so long that they're parked, and I just visit with others. It has given me a chance to meet new racing fans... It would be great for a bunch of Supras to represent. Van

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
I thought I'd help us all decide which Saturday was best. I'm not in favor of going after the NASCAR races as I'm going to be working that race that weekend; starting Friday actually. Otherwise, I'm down for any other Saturday.
Here's the link: PIR Schedule

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
How many here want to race on Saturday, July 16th, 23rd or 30th?
Our cars will need to go through Tech inspection Tech FAQs and since I expect we all will be under 13.99 sec in the 1/4 mi, :evil2: we all need a helmet. If you don't have one, there maybe some to rent.
I'm in for meeting before the racing starts, but I would prefer meeting an hour before the gates open at 5:30PM outside the Main Gate. Racing usually starts around 6PM and the event goes to 10PM. Getting four passes down the straight, in an hour, are possible!
There is usually a lot of Hondas among the crowd racing, and occasionally, some Big Dawgs taking their cars out for a test and tune, and then things really get exciting, when they get into a grudge match! Well, at least for me it's exciting... Van

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
connor.stephens;1730664 said:
The 23rd works good for me.
That's NASCAR Race weekend, so expect a sh*t load of spectators in the parking lots and South Paddock, where we stage for the Drags. Should be entertaining... I'm in for the 23rd. Van

Paula

Jul 6, 2011
Portland OR
Mine's not running yet; am in the throes of searching for a shop to put it in for the rest of the engine swap. I am new to this site so am trying not to be a dumb-ass. I would love to come to a meet even if I have to take the bus to get there. There are a handful of Supras that pass through my part of town whenever I'm out so I know they're out there. I will check back frequently to see what shows up. thanks for posting this.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Paula;1734682 said:
Mine's not running yet; am in the throes of searching for a shop to put it in for the rest of the engine swap. I am new to this site so am trying not to be a dumb-ass. I would love to come to a meet even if I have to take the bus to get there. There are a handful of Supras that pass through my part of town whenever I'm out so I know they're out there. I will check back frequently to see what shows up. thanks for posting this.
Welcome to SM... I joined about six years ago, in that time, I learned a lot about the Supra and myself. This is a great forum!
As the meet goes, you're welcome to come along and feel free to join us in the car you have on the road.
As to a good shop to finish the engine swap, I only know of two shops that I'd trust with my Supra, VIP Performance and Forged Performance. Forged has a track Supra owned by one of the workers there. I take my car to VIP now, as they are also a very good shop, but a lot closer to where I work and live, in SE PDX.
About your Supra; what year and which motor? Van

Last edited:

Paula

Jul 6, 2011
Portland OR
@#$%&* laptop. lost my comment apparently. no wheels but just found tri-met goes right there on the MAX. my 1988 Supra is having an engine transplant so it ain't rollin' anywhere other than in and out of the garage for hoist placement (garage ceiling too low) etc. got a 94 1JZGTTE replacement (since the DOHC 2.5 bit the dust) shipped from Canada right to my driveway (don't even ask--waiting for the report on what UPS Freight's doing about the damaged ECU, clutch fan, battery box, and air-flow sensor box). waiting now for the 784 parts ordered to arrive so the engine can even get into the car. am amazed at the info on the forums. looking forward to the PIR meet and introduce myself. i won't even go into the first Supra we got whose engine caught fire due to faulty temp gauge the first time i drove it. that one my guy's going to turn into a speed machine for himself. thanks for being so friendly and helpful, everyone.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

sorry forgot targa top WITH the targa top tool too!

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
I feel it's great our generation of Supra is still getting so much love... Wow! Electrical fire? Geez, that sucks!
What are your plans for the 1J? Will you consider a build thread?
See ya at the Main Gate... Van