Joined the US Army

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
So I'm finally all squared away to ship for BCT. Went through the whole MEPS bullshit and job picking and swearing in.

So I'll be shipping to Ft. Jackson on 20090318 for BCT then to Ft. Eustis, VA for 13 weeks to do AIT. I'm going in as an E-3 PFC because of my college credits, so thats pretty awesome. And the job I picked was 15S which is an OH-58D Kiowa Warrior Helicopter Mechanic. I wanted to work on AH-64D Apache's but this job will be just as fun. I'm doing a 6 year enlistment so hopefully I can finish up college while I'm in and drop an OCS or WOFT packet.

p1247662_1.jpg

Cliffs:
Branch: United States Army Active Duty
MOS: 15S (OH-58D Kiowa mechanic)
Went through the whole MEPS process and currently in DEP
Shipping to Ft. Jackson, SC 20090318
Then to Ft. Eustis, Va for 13 weeks of AIT

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
good luck. im considering trying to join the coast guard after i finish my bachelors next spring.

if youre someone who is already in college and is considering joining the service it is really worth it to finish your degree if possible.

precomission enlistment is really a great incentive.

the coast guard gives you 24 months to finish your degree and OCS while footing the bill.

i might join to have them pay for my masters.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
file.php

Yeah yeah, I know that's the Marines but you get the point. Good luck & have fun. I'm more than sure you'll have a bright future in that field if and when you decide to get out. Make us proud, and thank you very much for serving our country. I really mean that.

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
You should probably ask your recruiter about an ROTC program, your not fully committed quite yet, im under the assumption you want to be commissioned , Officer Programs can be difficult for enlisted members, but good luck either way, if you want strive to get something in the military and are persistent you have a decent chance, dont volunteer for any positions in boot camp btw

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
7thousandpiecesMGTE;1249869 said:
Thats the Spirit!

What do you have your eye on?
1J Midnight Blue +89 mk3 slammed on coilovers with nice wheels by year's end...
suprasport91;1250219 said:
You should probably ask your recruiter about an ROTC program, your not fully committed quite yet, im under the assumption you want to be commissioned , Officer Programs can be difficult for enlisted members, but good luck either way, if you want strive to get something in the military and are persistent you have a decent chance, dont volunteer for any positions in boot camp btw
Nah my brother is actually in the Army ROTC program at Virginia Tech so I know all about it. I'm not really looking to get commissioned, per say, but I figure it's one of the options that I have if I were to decide to make the Army my career...