JJ and others Comment on this Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
If you have read the "many comments" on this product, why ask for more.

If it works as advertised, you should be able to remove the present tire balancing weights from your rim. If you are inclined to believe, buy it and remove your weights. A much cleaner look...kinda like removing vac lines in the engine bay.

As you alluded to, the physics for this product just don't add up...that is unless you include the physics of removing the $$$ from your wallet to pay for it ;)

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
I hear you Jdub.

Looking at the Manufacturers Web Site I would tend to agree with you.

However, I am also inclined to believe that end user results need to be factored in to any reasonable conclusion.

I have a hard time with the Physics of this product myself. But at the same time end user results may be showing me that my depth in Physics has much to be desired.

As I stated in my original post, I have googled this product to death. By a sustantial margin, meaning more than 98.7% the end users were more than pleased and have or would buy again.

I am not prepared to buy this product based on what I read, but I wonder if it is due to ignorance, disbelife, or an over 50 attitude.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
I'm just the opposite...anytime testimonials are used as the primary basis to determine the worth of a product, my radar goes on full alert. It is THE method snake oil salesmen use to promote a product...90% of the time, it's not what it promises to be. I'm right there with ya as an over 50 skeptic. Been suckered in way to may times in my youth. ;)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
jdub;1276189 said:
I'm just the opposite...anytime testimonials are used as the primary basis to determine the worth of a product, my radar goes on full alert. It is THE method snake oil salesmen use to promote a product...90% of the time, it's not what it promises to be. I'm right there with ya as an over 50 skeptic. Been suckered in way to may times in my youth. ;)

must have been EARLY youth as you don't get to where you are at being suckered ;)

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
IJ

Nothing wrong with Deja Vu, but my apologies for breaking the golden rule and not searching first.

So I went back to that thread and read it from first to last posting. I am in agreement with the general feeling here. However it seems like even in the Deja Vu thread most if not all of the opionions were based on the MFG's Website.

This was OldSupraman's last entry:

I am happy to have provided an amusing topic. And I assure you that the question was merely born of curiosity; I have never even seen these things, much less have a financial stake in them. But I can't let this thread die without pointing out a couple of things:
1. Contrary to some of your intuitive leaps of logic, perhaps born of a high-school/freshman physics course, a tire in use is not equivalent to a spinning torus, and
2. A perfect tire on a perfect wheel may still go out of balance as the tire wears.

Until I see a demonstration video of this product in a transparent "tire" illuminated by a strobe, I intend myself to reserve judgment.

Take the time if you could, or choose to, and look at the other "Data".

The majority of the end users were riders not drivers, but this majority also used the product in their car tires.

They were end users like ourselves here at Supramania. Forum members ranging from Harleys to Triumphs in the cycle world to BMW's and Yota's in the automotive.

Was it just sheer luck that more than one poster is on his 3rd set of tires with this installed, and is getting more even tread wear and treadlife?

All I am asking for is a closer look at something that I myself can not consider viable yet.

Thanks ^^

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Glad Oldman knows what a torus is!

Unfortunate for his assertation though, the tire is a spinning CYLINDER which is not to be confused with a TORUS. Two seperate geometric shapes! ;)

with that said,

since IJ already pointed out the Deja Vu thread.......

/closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.