Jimi's build update

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
:( that's sad.

On a lighter note, whilst searching for E30 Carbon Fiber Kidneys (which turned up nothing but E36+ models), I stumbled across this, and had to post it in this thread as it's semi-relative and it made me laugh...

NoWall.JPG

:biglaugh:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Yeah I know. It was in a guys sig on one of the Bimmer forums that there was a discussion about "Kidneys" in.

Hence the "semi-relative" in my original statement. lol

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Hey Jimi, you coming to TX2k7? I've met you at a meet or two but haven't had a chance to hang out. We'll all be at christian's shop pretty much the whole week before 2k7, you should drop by. PM me and I'll get you my cell number.

Later,
Zach

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Thanks roundfinger!

FYI, sorry guys for being a no show lately, I'm on a little break from working on it. I moved from DFW TX, to Colorado Springs, CO and I'm still just getting settled in and looking for work and all that fun stuff.

I can't even get her out of the driveway, at the end of my drive is the sidewalk-curb :aigo: So I have to make a curb-ramp with some concrete before I can dive it. My sister bottoms out with her SUV getting out, thats how bad of a drop off it is.

Plus, just before I moved, me and Ben (AKA: Bigzavs) took the supra to Dallas for a show. When I got home I noticed coolant coming out from the head gasket down the side of the block just under where the alternator is, Not a lot....overflow tank lost about half the coolant it had.....but I've not drivin the car after seeing it except for getting it on and off the trailer for the move. I will try and retorque the head studs when I get some time.........hopefully that will work......

I'll keep you all informed as soon as I get a chance to work on her.

Jimi

Mr.Cool

May 10, 2007
Florida
Your build has came along really nice everything was done right and clean, i especially liked the steering wheel very original.

Keep up the good work man.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
damn jimi, hoang told me about the head gasket thing friday, that sucks big time, hopefully the retorque works out for you. hope everything is goin good up there and its good to still hear from ya man. your not missing out on much back here man. almost every get together weve tried to set up has been rained out. weve been setting record rain levels back here. well keep us updated dude

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Thanks guys!

Ben, yeah it sucks, it's my fault from procrastinating on the retorque on a MHG :3d_frown:
But it is a very small leak down the side of the block, I'd say from that drive to and from dallas I lost about a cup of coolant. We'll see what happens.....

I heard about the rain, I guess I got outa there just in time :icon_bigg