Jeez, twin disc are expensives !

peer648

Mar 4, 2010
Québec
Please someone tell me I'm wrong ! lol

Seriously, I'm looking at 500 ft-lb of torque, maybe more in few years. I need clutch that will hold good. Twin or tirple disc clutches seems like what I need, but damn... its expensives. From what i've seen it turns around 2000$ 2500$. My question is, Is there something cheeper than that somewhere. I would like to know, You people with over 450-500ft-lb torque, What clutch are you using, also what clutch you used and failed. Thank you

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
I can say the pedal feel/stiffness and engagement on the Spec twin I got is really very nice. It's easy to push, relatively smooth.

There were some issues with the earlier ones from them, before they started including a replacement slave cylinder in the kit.

I haven't had a chance to beat on it yet so I can't talk about durability or longevity, unfortunately.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
If you go single at those power levels it's either gonna chatter (multi-puck disk) during engagement or have a very stiff pedal and wreak havok on your thrust washers (heavy pressure plate). I use a heavy pressure plate with a factory single disk for now, but I haven't had the boost up so not making much more that 350tq and I rarely drive the car.

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Spec has a single disc to hold higher tq, but even they don't recommend it.. I think in the explanation it even says, please go with the twin -- do it right, do it once...

peer648

Mar 4, 2010
Québec
do it right, do it once... ok then, twin disc i'll go. Should I take Osgiken from driftmotion or something else ?

mk3supralove

Sep 14, 2012
Kelowna
Personally I'm saving up for the 0s giken Grand Touring of off driftmotion but raptorracing has a few more to chose from, wish I could tell you which one was better.