JDM tow hook

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Anyone have any pics of how/where the mounting points are for this tow hook in the pic? None of the exsisting mounting points appear to work w/ it.

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
Thats not a jdm one, looks more like Uk/Euro spec, jdm ones are a flat peice of steel(slightly curved towards front of car) that bolts to the chassis leg, and points straight down, I think i still have mine If so I will post up a picture of them.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
I see it listed in both the European and Japanese cars (wide body only for Japan, not listed as applicable to narrow body), though I know most cars in Japan didn't come with it, as I have seen most come with the same style as USA (like Martin described).

I don't know if I've ever seen one from Japan that had this style hook, but it's definitely listed in the Japanese catalog as being available on some Japanese cars.

Either way, I don't have an exact picture of where it mounts on the car, but here's a diagram from the EPC:

MBN764D.gif

Jeff

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
I have seen the EPC shot (thanks Jeff), but could see no difference other than that piece.

I'll dig a little deeper and see what I find. After searching for a while last night w/ no luck, I'd figure I'd ask.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I should know i beleive thats my former part and funny enough my pic as well.

Very easy install. Remove lower nut for the bumper support bolt US driver side, place tow hook, replace nut. There is a threaded hole in the rear for another mount location on the subframe where the end of a bolt protrudes, back out bolt to thread it in. The hole below the main mount point is for the air temp sensor wire to pass through.

If it is mine, it came off a japanese Jza70 TTR front nose I purchased for my first supra.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
ms07s;1361323 said:
I should know i beleive thats my former part and funny enough my pic as well.

Very easy install. Remove lower nut for the bumper support bolt US driver side, place tow hook, replace nut. There is a threaded hole in the rear for another mount location on the subframe where the end of a bolt protrudes, back out bolt to thread it in. The hole below the main mount point is for the air temp sensor wire to pass through.

If it is mine, it came off a japanese Jza70 TTR front nose I purchased for my first supra.

That is what I was thinking, I just wasn't for sure.

Yep, Got it just yesterday! :biglaugh: