jdm pos

tig321

Mar 13, 2006
Edmonton/Victoria
I bought this engine for my 90 turbo. The car had 265 k a blown hg a turbo with a blown oil seal and tons of shaft play. When I pulled the head it bent like a banana. it needed a good bit of machine work and I needed a second engine for another project at a later date (why I was looking for a supra "parts" car in the first place) so I figured i'd freshen this one up here and there. I went and picked up a used jdm engine to get the car rolling, ordered the parts I needed, clutch, gaskets hoses ect. The weekend before I was to put the engine in I found 4 valves siezed open (intake side) also some very light surface rust on the crankcase. The guy I bought the engine from was not very helpfull.
pulling the engine apart just now and found a f*cking crack in the block between cyl4-5 on the exhaust side headbolt hole. I sent the importer a picture of the engine and called him, he said he's busy and will call back but I know he going to try and screw me on this with some we don't warranty cracked blocks cause it run B.S.
Sorry, but I'm just so pissed right now

Attachments

• cylcrack1.JPG
    cylcrack1.JPG
    388 KB · Views: 47
  • crack3.JPG
    crack3.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4375.JPG
    IMG_4375.JPG
    447.6 KB · Views: 43

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
like i'v said 5000 times.

Jdm motors= Ghetto.
Used is Used correct

I dont understand why people think JDM makes the motor in good workin condition. Just go to the junk yard and buy one there. atleast u can see the car and odomoter if its still in there, and also. dont you guys ever see front clips for sale? There usually 50-90k, Jdm= big Gamble

tig321

Mar 13, 2006
Edmonton/Victoria
Superjustin13 said:
like i'v said 5000 times.

Jdm motors= Ghetto.
Used is Used correct

I dont understand why people think JDM makes the motor in good workin condition. Just go to the junk yard and buy one there. atleast u can see the car and odomoter if its still in there, and also. dont you guys ever see front clips for sale? There usually 50-90k, Jdm= big Gamble

MY plan was to plastigage the enigine (done, was well within spec, bearings looked great, crank looked smooth zero scoring) run the engine stock till near the end of the warranty while I ordered new Performance parts. Once I had all my parts I was going to Pull the engine put new bearings and rings in mhg and arp hardware, 57 trim 550's Blah...
So taking to the machine shop now was just ahead of schedule
The cracked block was just plain shitty luck. A domestic engine could have had the same problem
The components were overall in much better condition than the engine I had. I"m not defending them though "JDM" is not a mistake I'll make again

Superjustin13 said:
'Fuck Jdm motors...'
AGREED!