JawsGear Presents Sin City Showdown

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Suprizim TT;1278644 said:
From my understanding SILV has not been cancelled the only this is that it will involve other cars, like Lexus, Subaru, Nissan ETC. and American cars as well. They have contacted other forums to join SILV so we will have to wait and see what happens.

and it's going to be a one day event. so bottom line its going to be

Imports Vs. American cars.

Wrong, SILV has been canceled. View the other thread posted ny Keith. This is an entirely new event. Again this is not SILV. Thanks,

Jeff

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
To: JawsGear on this note you should create an event page on your jaws gear page maybe keith could put on a note of the SILV page to redirect people who would normaly want to partipate to take part in this event just for this year.

I would at least try and keep a theme to this like battle of imports ? US vs JDM or make it a toyota event ? Just so you get more direct sponsorship participation. It keeps it from being a complete cluster f..K I hope you dont mind some feedback ? I 100% plan to attend as well as maybe 5-6 other toyota friends.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Wow....I might have to bring the chevelle out for the true 10.5 class....just got a motor for her so she may be up and running soon :) Dunno if i could make that long ass drive again though! Good luck with the event Jeff, and the rules look pretty decent. Would be cool to see a mandatory 30 mile cruise be completed by the cars in the desert heat to test their street-worthyness ;)

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Jaw's Gear is proud present this years 2009

Sin City Showdown!

Event dates will be October 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

Supra Forums are the 1st to see these rules and will get the 1st chance to secure in their spot for the Sin City Showdown. I am giving SM members till April 30th to do so, after that date I am going to branch out to other sites and cars to fill the field. Send me a PM for payment Arrangements.

Sin City Showdown drag racing event will be hosted by Orlando and KingTom of WestCoastGrudgeRacer.com. This event is open to all types of cars import or domestic. We have designed 3 classes that will provide good heads up racing. There's a few rules that we'd like to discuss and these rules apply to ALL classes.

- Classes will be filled on a first to pay basis.
- 1/4 mile
- .400 pro tree.
- Deep staging allowed.
- All cars must run only water in the cooling system. No anti-freeze allowed.
- If there's a problem with your car during the race you MUST pull over to the side and stop. This minimizes track clean up. Failure to do so may result in you being disqualified.
- All cars are subject to tech inspection. LVMS will handle all tech inspection.
- Ladder eliminations. Winners advance
- First or worst rule in effect.
- Quickest ET gets lane choice
- Cars must make a full pass to advance to the next round

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TRUE TEN 5 Shootout $300.00 Buy in
This class is True Ten 5 for cars with a factory produced oem automatic transmission. No manual transmissions allowed.

Front Suspension:
All cars must retain stock style suspension, stock frame rails, aftermarket tubular control arms, coil over kits, or OEM front strut retrofits are permitted. But must be a direct bolt on, no welding modifications permitted.

Rear Suspension:
Any rear suspension. Any rear end.

Wheel Base:
Must be stock.

Interior:
Dash, steering columns, and seats must be in stock locations. Aftermarket or
street-rod columns are permitted. Door panels must be covered or painted.
Pedals in stock location are required. A full stock appearing dashboard with instruments (aftermarket instruments are allowed).Interior must be finished
and clean in appearance (carpet, paint, powder-coat, tin etc.)

Heads:
Two valves per cylinder maximum (Unless OEM Production Head).

Intake Manifold:
Any manifold allowed

Street Legal Requirements:
All entries are required to have working headlights and tail lights (Headlight doors must be fixed open or work manually or automatically on cars so equipped). Brake lights, turn signals are not required to operate.

Wheelie Bars:
Wheelie bars permitted.

Transmission:
Must be a factory oem produced AUTOMATIC transmission.

Fuel:
Gasoline or alcohol only. No nitro

Power adders:
Turbo: Maximum of 94mm single or dual 67mm
Supercharger: Maximum of F2

Tires:
Any slick up to a 30 x 10.5" sidewall designation("W" tires are not allowed) or 315/325 Drag Radial are permitted. ** Hoosier tire part number 18192D05 will not be allowed.**

Weight Guide:

4 cyl with any power adders........………......................................2300 lbs
6 cyl with any power adders........………......................................2600 lbs
small block na........................................................................…......2600 lbs
Small Block W/Turbo or Supercharger............................…........3200 lbs
Small Block W/Nitrous...................................................................2900 lbs
big block na..............................................................................…....3000 lbs
Big Block Nitrous..................................................................….......3300 lbs
Big Blocks W/Turbo or Supercharger....................................…...3600 lbs

Weight Deductions:
Stock style suspension……………………………………………..100 lbs

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Manual Transmission Shootout - - $300.00 Buy In
This class is for street cars with factory oem produced manual transmissions only.

EXTERIOR:
All cars must retain full factory exterior body panels. Hood and trunk may be fiberglass.

INTERIOR:
All factory interior pieces must be in factory locations. Factory door panels, headliner(Prefered), carpet, dashboard are required. Back seat may be deleted but must have carpet covering the bare floor.

STREET LEGAL REQUIREMENTS:
All entries are required to have working headlights and tail lights (Headlight doors must be fixed open or work manually or automatically on cars so equipped). Brake lights are required to operate.

FRONT SUSPENSION:
All cars must retain factory stock-type suspension. Front frame rails, radiator
core support, and inner fender sheet metal must remain in stock location. (alterations for exhaust only) Aftermarket tubular control arms, coil over kits,
or OEM front strut retrofits are permitted. But must be a direct bolt on, no
welding modifications permitted. Aftermarket Racing Struts with spindle mounts
or hub mounts designed for tube type front ends are prohibited. Aftermarket
Bolt-on Front End kits that use a strut to replace an a-arm type suspension for
early Nova/Chevy II`s /Mustangs,etc..are permitted (Chris Alston, Smith Racecraft, Fat Man,Heidts, Scotts Hot Rods, T.C.I., etc..)

K-MEMBER:
Aftermarket factory-replacement-type K-member permitted, but must attach to
the chassis using only the original factory OEM-type mounting bolts. No part of
the K-member may be welded to the chassis.

REAR SUSPENSION:
Car must retain stock type rear end and stock suspension that originally came with the car. Bolt on traction devices are permitted. Sway bars may be deleted or added(This includes "weld in" anti-rollbars) Leaf springs may be relocated for tire clearance purposes.

WHEEL BASE:
Stock wheelbase will be enforced on all vehicles.

FRAME & CHASSIS:
Stock frame rails must be retained front and rear and stock floor retained.
Sub frame connectors are permitted. No tubs allowed.
****Rear Frame may be notched for tire clearance.****

TRANSMISSION:
Factory OEM produced MANUAL transmission only.

ENGINE:
Engine design must be same make as the car. No engine swaps allowed.

FUEL:
Gasoline ONLY

INDUCTION:
No limitations

TIRE:
No limitations

Weight
No limitations.

True Street Shootout - - $150.00 Buy In

True Street is for all types of street cars. This class is designed around high performance cars that do not lose their streetability.

EXTERIOR:
All cars must retain full factory exterior body panels. Hood and trunk may be fiberglass.

INTERIOR:
All factory interior pieces must be in factory locations. Factory door panels, headliner(Prefered), carpet, dashboard are required. Back seat may be deleted but must have carpet covering the bare floor.

STREET LEGAL REQUIREMENTS:
All entries are required to have working headlights and tail lights (Headlight doors must be fixed open or work manually or automatically on cars so equipped). Brake lights are required to operate.

FRONT SUSPENSION:
All cars must retain factory stock-type suspension. Front frame rails, radiator
core support, and inner fender sheet metal must remain in stock location. (alterations for exhaust only) Aftermarket tubular control arms, coil over kits,
or OEM front strut retrofits are permitted. But must be a direct bolt on, no
welding modifications permitted. Aftermarket Racing Struts with spindle mounts
or hub mounts designed for tube type front ends are prohibited. Aftermarket
Bolt-on Front End kits that use a strut to replace an a-arm type suspension for
early Nova/Chevy II`s /Mustangs,etc..are permitted (Chris Alston, Smith Racecraft, Fat Man,Heidts, Scotts Hot Rods, T.C.I., etc..)

K-MEMBER:
Aftermarket factory-replacement-type K-member permitted, but must attach to
the chassis using only the original factory OEM-type mounting bolts. No part of
the K-member may be welded to the chassis.

REAR SUSPENSION:
Car must retain stock type rear end and stock suspension that originally came with the car. Bolt on traction devices are permitted. Sway bars may be deleted or added(This includes "weld in" anti-rollbars) Leaf springs may be relocated for tire clearance purposes.

WHEEL BASE:
Stock wheelbase will be enforced on all vehicles.

FRAME & CHASSIS:
Stock frame rails must be retained front and rear and stock floor retained.
Sub frame connectors are permitted. No tubs allowed.
****Rear Frame may be notched for tire clearance.****

TRANSMISSION:
Factory OEM produced transmissions only.

TURBO:
80mm max measured from the air inlet of the turbo housing.

SUPERCHARGERS:

Vortech up to YS & YSI-trim Supercharger Systems
ATI D-1, D-1SC, D-1R, F1, F1A, F1C
F1R (Max Step up 5.40 / Cog Pulleys 130 Total MinimumTooth count )
(6 or 8 Rib Lower Pulley must be a Minimum of 7.65 inches)
ATI P-1SC, P-1SCH
Paxton Novi 2000
OR EQUIVALENT !

NITROUS DOMESTIC:
Nitrous is limited to a conventional single stage plate system.
Two solenoids for nitrous system MAX, one nitrous,one gas and a third is
permitted only for a purge system. Plate has to be commercially available
System can only use one 10lb bottle, with a traditional steel braided - 4 line,
min. of 6 feet in length from bottle to nitrous solenoid.

NITROUS IMPORT:
No limitations

FUEL:
Gasoline only

TIRE:
No limitations

WEIGHT LIMITATIONS
4 cyl any combo ……………………………………………2600
6 cyl any combo …………………………………………3100

SMALL BLOCKS.(Includes all B.O.P.).NITROUS................................. 3100 lbs

SMALL BLOCKS...Supercharged/Turbo……………..................... 3000 lbs

BIG BLOCKS...Nitrous or Normally Aspirated ONLY!..............................3500 lbs

WEIGHT DEDUCTIONS:

Manual Transmission…………....……………………Deduct 300 lbs
Normally Aspirated...................................................Deduct 400 lbs

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Slow66;1279099 said:
Wow....I might have to bring the chevelle out for the true 10.5 class....just got a motor for her so she may be up and running soon :) Dunno if i could make that long ass drive again though! Good luck with the event Jeff, and the rules look pretty decent. Would be cool to see a mandatory 30 mile cruise be completed by the cars in the desert heat to test their street-worthyness ;)

LOL, I get your point. I dont think the window of time will allow though. :biglaugh:

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
rmjsupra;1280227 said:
I like the layout man, good organizing.

Jaw - Will we be able to leave the show and shine to see the drags?

Hit the nail on the head. Yes the show and shine will be inside the gates. 100's of thousand's of dollars worth of cars, trucks, tools, ect. Your car will be secure. Not in an offsite lot like last year. I am finalizing all the show and shine info by next week. I will update the first post as I get updates for you guys. Sponsor packets sent out today. Please follow up with me as soon as possible so we can lock this thing down and make sure everyone has a chance to get on all printed material.

Also, Chris Dickens aka Jaguar has stepped up to organize the scenic drive for you guys. He will be posting a poll very soon when he has more info. Thanks Chris.:bigthumb:

Jeff

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
is anyone flying out there cause either their supra is not finished, you don't think it would make the drive, or it's just too far? i'm sure my supra will be done by then for sure, but i'm not so sure i want to drive from FL to NV. so i was thinkin of flying out there. just seeing if anyone else out there is considering this?

-t3d

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
jawsgear;1278650 said:
Wrong, SILV has been canceled. View the other thread posted ny Keith. This is an entirely new event. Again this is not SILV. Thanks,

Jeff

Okay I saw what you meant.

Well next year.................. I Hope.