Jaguar_5's 87 Turbo Build

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
americanjebus;1158890 said:
Your idle looks fine, but it does kind of look like you have a miss or something. Mine is a smooth 2.8v all the way across.

Your part throttle looks alright as well. When you do hit open loop the vf will drop to zero, from there i just pull values from the ve table for those areas to where its ~2.5 again. You'll notice a small spike in your graph on the change over once you start to adjust higher up on the table.

I don't think there was a single miss in that graph of my idle, it will switch between 2.5 and 3.75V without missing - BUT when it does miss it is usually when it switches, so it is what's causing it, but not always...

I disconnected my nbO2 sensor and played with some P/T tracking... well it seemed almost like it reset my base tune with the way that it was running - I've decided it's too early for this, and after doing more reading on tuning, I've decided to change my approach a little bit, update the Maft to 5.11, reset all settings, and start over!

This time instead of directly playing with the VE table (smaller more specific changes) I should just use start over with the default VE Table #2, then use the user tunes to tune, and then I will use Rogue's VEMap Utility to generate the VE map automagically! Then I zero-out the UT's and can continue with the small tweaks - and then I can enable P/T Tracking (which does seem like it will work like a charm!)

Attn Maft Pro users:
I have discovered a new program (developed for megasquirt) called MegaLogViewer that allows us to replay our datalogs much more easily!!

Just export the csv from TunerPro of the log you want to run, and import into MLV - It is mostly functional, but there are a few small quirks

To fix most of this quirks, I've created a small utility that will add a timestamp, clean all the labels, and erase unused data - as soon as the SME approves it you can find it in the Piggyback forum! If you want it before then msg me

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
How exactly do i tune for something like this? RPM, MAP, TPS are all steady but Vf jumps from 3 to 0?

graph844.gif

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
No comments on that fluctuating Vf?

I decided against starting over on my tune, Instead I reconnected the N/B, reset the VE table to default, and I've just been working with the user tunes since then, soon I will use the VEMap utility to generate a VE table from my user tunes then I can continue to fine tune with the user tunes after I reset them to 0

I'm getting very close to satisfying Vf at all times, and my AFR's have been looking MUCH better with the nbO2 connected! Guess I just wasn't ready for P/T tracking yet.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
It's depressing to go back and look at this thread...

Unfortunately I managed to destroy the transmission; it was slowly leaking. I thought it was just engine oil and would top it up occasionally, but the transmission was leaking too. When I went to change transmission fluid after the trans started to get a bit noisy, it was bone dry. The damage was done, it was too late, I no longer have working synchros for 1'st or 2nd gear :(

I've gone through every possible scenario, and there's only one that makes sense. I have to get rid of the car.

I've learned a lot, had a lot of frustration, and a lot of joy along the way. But now, it has come to an end.

If anyone is interested in purchasing this car, I'm going to have to sell it for stupid cheap (moving soon, has to be gone by the end of the month). I will post it for sale as soon as I have a chance to give it a rinse and take some pictures.