j pipe help

JNasty

i drive fast cars (supra)
Jun 25, 2005
Jacksonville fl
ok here is the deal.. im redoing the fuel lines on my car " converting to 2 feed lines" my question is this.... the j pipe inlet is not a completely hallow pipe, it has a pin hole in the end of it and i was wondering do i need to keep that pin hole restriction to hold pressure or can i run 1 full return line all the way to the hard line under the car???? i removed the j pipe and cut that section with the restriction about 1.5 inches long so that if i need it i can place it in the return line..just cut the line and slide the hose up on both sides of that restriction piece and clamp it in place..witch is what i want to know, do i need to do that or will it hold pressure without it?

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
It is there in the stock system as a failsafe so that if your FPR fails open there is at least some pressure still in the rail. If you go with a higher volume setup it is just going to cause problems as it probably won't flow enough and would cause your pressure to creep up, so bypass it if you are upgrading your fuel pump/regulator.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Yeah, you can just bypass the J-tube completely then. The other option is to drill out that pinhole and keep it. No need to though.