Its out and ready for a half a$$ rebuild. Very funny pics inside.

WonIt

Air ,Fuel ,Spark!
Feb 26, 2006
Front Royal,VA
So here is the story. I parked it at the begining of summer cause i got a wreckless driving ticket for going 111 in a 65,and lost my DL ofcourse.So after it sat all summer i got my DL back a few weeks ago and put it back on the road.When i parked it there was a small leak in the headgasket,and the beginings of a rod knock...

Anyway i put it back on the road and drove it fine for 2 weeks.Then i decide while i was going up a hill at about 30mph to see if i could rev it and drop the clutch and see if the wheels would spin(was a little wet outside).So i throw it in second rev it up and drop the clutch....Spun a good ways up the hill. the next day i get up,and start heading into town.

start going up one of the many hillos out here in the mountains,give it a little gas to keep goin up the hill and notice the rpm's are going up,but the speed isnt matching...so i press a little harder and shure enough its slipping. No big deal,ill just head into town and pick up a clutch. Well i got about 10 minutes from town and notice my temp hand has gotten about 3/4 of the way to hot.I stay easy on it til i get to the autoparts store.

When i stop i notice steam from radiator cap.Removed the cap and saw that there was barely any rubber left to keep it sealed. So i ordered the clutch ,and bought another cap and fluids..Top them off before i leave.As soon as i go to pull out the lot it started running like crap,and continued to run like crap all the way home..

So i have decided to pull the engine out replace bearings,hg,and clutch. I would do a full rebuild,but my spare engine is on the way to the shop already.so anyway couldnt get ahold of a hoist....Here's what i made!!

Also if any of you have a good stock flywheel and pressure plate for cheap i sure could use one!

p1257695_1.jpg

p1257695_2.jpg

p1257695_3.jpg

p1257695_4.jpg

p1257695_5.jpg

p1257695_6.jpg

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Perfect. An engine hoist made of three tree trunks, and in the background, a dog-igloo with a hole in it, and a set of tires stacked in the dirt, in front of the pickup on the parking slab. I assume the double-wide is behind the camera position?

WonIt

Air ,Fuel ,Spark!
Feb 26, 2006
Front Royal,VA
LoL..Yea i took it back to my roots with the Teepee.Guess you could call me somewhat of a black-indian-redneck..gotta have a truck out here in these damn mountains.There is a 7 bedroom house behind the camera though.i dont think its too dangerous...its stable as hell.hopefully i will be finished with it this weekend if the bearings get here soon.

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
WonIt;1257820 said:
Yea,the rebuild is just for now while the other gets built correctly.

thats actually what im doing as well...i bought a motor with 120k miles on it, shimmed the oil pump and dropped it in while my built 7m is at the machine shop.