Its about that time...

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
Well, I think its time to park the Supra in the garage and start driving the Crapalier... :cry:

Between the oil leaks, loose front end, bad gas mileage, and countless more "little things" wrong with my car, I think I have decided to park it in the garage and start doing a rebuild, it will be a long process, but hopefully worth it in the end. My main focus will be up front, the engine/tranny will be getting pulled, new seals all around, etc. My goal is to go NA-T as I have a CT-26 laying around. R154 will also be going in, along with an LSD out of an 87.

Its a tough decision, as I absolutely love driving my car, but right now, I cant afford to fill up at the pump all the time, and also spend money on parts to fix the random crap that goes wrong. I do love working on her, so this might not be as bad as I think it will be.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I think N/A pistons are just fine, as long as you have a solid tune, atleast for a build still using the CT-26. If you were going higher than say 350 whp then id upgrade the pistons.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Eh, it can be tough keeping one of these in running order man. As much fun as it is daily driving a Supra, if it's unrealistic, YOU need to be realistic. It'll be better in the long run man. ;)

Just gotta deal with a budget, and realize that this may stretch into a long-term project... but think of all the gas you'll be saving! Take a look at the "how to live with a Supra" link in my sig, it's a good writeup that might give ya a bit of insight. :)

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
I know how it is to keep one of these running, it seems as though I'm always working on it. But the second I get behind the wheel I understand why I deal with the supa all the time. I have another car for a daily now so if its long term, do be it.

Also after its done, it won't be my daily that's for sure. Its going to be a long, expensive road, but a fun one that's for sure. Doing all the work myself will be a money saver.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
northdakotakid;1739287 said:
I know how it is to keep one of these running, it seems as though I'm always working on it. But the second I get behind the wheel I understand why I deal with the supa all the time. I have another car for a daily now so if its long term, do be it.

Also after its done, it won't be my daily that's for sure. Its going to be a long, expensive road, but a fun one that's for sure. Doing all the work myself will be a money saver.

I hear ya on that one dude, I've been a Supra owner for over 5 years now, and only spent maybe a year TOTAL driving anything BUT a Supra. Expensive love, but it's hard to tear yourself away from. Long as you have something that won't bite you with the mod bug, you'll be fine. :)

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
te72;1740365 said:
I hear ya on that one dude, I've been a Supra owner for over 5 years now, and only spent maybe a year TOTAL driving anything BUT a Supra. Expensive love, but it's hard to tear yourself away from. Long as you have something that won't bite you with the mod bug, you'll be fine. :)

It definitely is expensive. My other car is a 1991 Chevy Cavalier 2.2L 4cyl. Slow as hell, ugly as hell, but it gets decent gas mileage and everything works. Ill be a lot happier when I start seeing money staying in my bank account due to the Supra parked.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Hah, I had a 94 4 door Cavalier with the 2.2L. That thing might as well have been a rally car given how much time all 4 wheels were off the ground. :rofl:

Seriously though, probably the most durable car I've ever had. All that I ever had to do to it was replace the air filter, oil, headlights, and alternators on occasion. Damn good car, if a bit of a bitch to work on...