issues with fcd?

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Sadly if you don't know what that means you really shouldn't be even thinking about it. You'll run into any problems that fuel cut will prevent, quite obviously.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
I was thinking pre detonation sorry
my car came with an fcd on it I've never messed with it but I have the lex and 550s hard pipes afc neo etc and It is tuned but it's been running rich lately and I was wondering if that was why becuase I know I don't even need it

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
I have a 57 trim only have it set to 15 lbs don't really wanna push it past that
what do you think my fuel pressure should be at?
I had it 35 got it tuned ran great but then started running rich so I dropped it to 31 and I'm gonna see how that effects it

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Fuel cut defender is a very dangerous tool. Something as simple as an overboost caused by a ripped wastegate hose will completely destroy your engine with a quickness...I suggest you get rid of it.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
BryanDyer;1932376 said:
I have a 57 trim only have it set to 15 lbs don't really wanna push it past that
what do you think my fuel pressure should be at?
I had it 35 got it tuned ran great but then started running rich so I dropped it to 31 and I'm gonna see how that effects it

Climate change?

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
I think that is a cause but I can smell the gas from the exhaust when I'm driving and I wasn't sure if it was running that rich becuase I weather or if there was another contributing factor

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
BryanDyer;1932629 said:
I think that is a cause but I can smell the gas from the exhaust when I'm driving and I wasn't sure if it was running that rich becuase I weather or if there was another contributing factor

Do you have an AFR gauge??

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
yep but no wideband unfortunately...it's hooked up to the stock o2 sensor it says I'm rich but I know it's not to accurate but I can also smell it
I have the afc neo tuned but maybe the numbers are set wrong across

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
well if you get a wideband o2 sensor you can tell exactly what your a/f ratio's are and you'll know what you need to be at. IMO 31 is low for running 15 lbs of boost. I'm looking to get an AFPR to turn my fuel pressure up to 40 for running more boost. and with the 550's you have your going to be running more fuel with more boost so I don't see why you'd need to lower it. Could be a leak in your fuel rail if your smelling gas. But I would set it back to stock fuel pressure and see how it runs over a couple days.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
BryanDyer;1932640 said:
yep but no wideband unfortunately...it's hooked up to the stock o2 sensor it says I'm rich but I know it's not to accurate but I can also smell it
I have the afc neo tuned but maybe the numbers are set wrong across

Wowzers!!! with no wideband how did they get the NEO tuned properly? With your mods you should definitely have a wideband.

If it all of a sudden started running rich then something obviously has changed...if the weather got warmer then you will run richer...but without a wideband its hard to tell if you are running rich or the fuel smell is from somewhere else

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
DeMoN2318;1932661 said:
Wowzers!!! with no wideband how did they get the NEO tuned properly? With your mods you should definitely have a wideband.

If it all of a sudden started running rich then something obviously has changed...if the weather got warmer then you will run richer...but without a wideband its hard to tell if you are running rich or the fuel smell is from somewhere else

becuase I'm assuming they hooked up a wideband to it I have no idea how else the would

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
does anyone know why I would have hesitation when I'm just cruising but vaccum is at -15 to -10 it like jerks consistantly but very lightly same symtoms as a boost leak but lighter like barely jerks or hesitates not sure why it does that