Is this going to be a problem? (Pics)

Apr 4, 2005
Milwaukee
www.cardomain.com
I just got a spec stage 2 clutch about a week ago and noticed this scratch(if you can call it that) in one of the rivets in the pressure plate. It is a pretty deep cut into it. I am just wondering if this is going to cause me problems? Should I contact Spec about this and have them give me a new one?

p236744_1.jpg

monkihead

driven to thrill
Jul 23, 2005
texas
i would to, i've seen some 4cyl turbo cars snap that piece after 2 hard runs. ~propperly broken in first~

C.44

Apr 7, 2005
Behind the keyboard...
That isn't going to last long... there's no pressure on it right now but there will be once it's mounted and used... then it'll most likely break.

I thought about about balancing first too.... but why there... that's just plain stupid.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Someone had it cocked and hit the pedal on the Press too soon!

Shouldn't have any effect as it's not the loaded part of the Rivet but I'm with the guys on this why pay top dollar and get flawed parts!

Apr 4, 2005
Milwaukee
www.cardomain.com
Well I contacted horsepowerfreaks, and sent that picture. They told me it wasn't going to be an issue and that it was just a stamp from the press. So we will see how it goes but I do feel a little better about using it now.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Well, at least they are aware of it Matt. Now if anything happens, you have this thread, the email, and the picture to back yourself up. I'd consider yourself covered.