Is this Correct? Tuning Related

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
When I get my car on the dyno next spring for tuning, I will want to have a wideband to monitor A/F ratio, and some sort of unit to adjust the fuel settings, correct? If that is correct, will a Powerdex AFX and Apexi SAFC get the job done?

Anyone care to give me a quick "Tuning and A/F Ratio 101"?

Thanks.

Ben

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Thanks, but I have searched quite a bit, and I'm still unclear of the whole tuning process. I guess I was just looking for a bit of reassurance before I lay down $800 on electronics that I have little knowledge of.

Ben

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I use a Powerdex and the inbuilt MoTeC WB02 and on all the dyno's my car has been on the Powerdex has always been more accurate than the MoTeC ;)

They don't have all the bells and whistles of the high end gear but for a fast reliable accurate affordable WB02 it can't be beaten.

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
So with the Powerdex/SAFC combo, after tuning I would have the Powerdex constantly giving me an A/F ratio in the cabin, right? And with the SAFC, once I'm tuned, is there any reason that I would have to re-tune? I am really looking for a "tune it, set it, forget it" type set-up.

Any advantages to the NEO over the SAFC? Does Apexi have a unit that has a wideband built in?

Thanks.

Ben

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
And with the SAFC, once I'm tuned, is there any reason that I would have to re-tune?
adding any parts (or making changes to existing ones) that can affect af ratio's.

I am really looking for a "tune it, set it, forget it" type set-up.
your in luck, the car came with one and it handles bolt ons with out piggy backs quite well to a certain level.

Any advantages to the NEO over the SAFC? Does Apexi have a unit that has a wideband built in?
Neo has more adjustment points and no.