Is the 2jzgte Aristo Auto really worthless??

SimpleMKIII

Oct 17, 2008
Riverside, Ca
Mine is just laying around, does this Automatic tranny fit anything in the US?? GS300?? Mk4?? Would like to get some cash back during these ruff and tuff times.:sarcasm:

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm pretty sure it's not worth much if any at all man. Anyone who orders a 2JZ is more than likely gonna end up with one laying around as well. I got one here myself.

Definitely going to be a surplus of them around no doubt anyways.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
We plan on using one of ours in the wife's TT swap. Should hold up better than the NA tranny, I'd think.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
They're pretty much the same as a MKIV TT auto trans but the output flange is 3 bolts rather then the mkivs 4.

flyspyder55

Jap Works
Jun 11, 2005
florida
so.... ive got a 91 lexus ls box, a 92 sc300 box, and a aristo box... any feesable way to run this on my 1jz 87, the ls box is bad... (i need a new one but aparently is ls400 ONLY) and i'm fresh out of supra a340e's

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You need to swap the bellhousing, and possibly the input shaft (which is really easy)

The output flanges may be different as well, so you would need a custom driveshaft, or an adapter plate.

flyspyder55

Jap Works
Jun 11, 2005
florida
what about plugs, sensors, kickdown cable etc... aside for swapping out tailshaft and bellhousing, the aristo trans would work on a MA?

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
:) ...this thread made me smile. I woudl have laughed but I am so damn tired.

But yeah the aristo box is kinda worthless. I chucked mine. I was tired of moving ever so often. I kept the bellhousing ...I have this wild imagination with using it to adapt a RB AWD drivetrain to a 1J ...in a modern rat rod ...werd.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I'll be looking into this as well.

When the shop gets more space I'll be taking apart the tail on both this one and my 7mgte one. I already put the A341 on my 7M, but that was the JZA70 version which had the right tail section.

If you change to the 7M bellhousing and use the JZ TQ converter, it all bolts up on the front.

The main thing is to figure out if the Aristo 2JZGTE trans is any better than the Supra one.

If possible, let's keep this thread informative and technical.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I was digging around the internet and I see that the Lexus GS300 the same 3 bolt battern tailshaft. So maybe investigate GS300 transmissions and see if it might be the same one.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
935motorsports;1185369 said:
I was digging around the internet and I see that the Lexus GS300 the same 3 bolt battern tailshaft. So maybe investigate GS300 transmissions and see if it might be the same one.

curious i wonder too.. id put my money on it that it has the good ol 340 just like the sc300

it would be nice to get the right driveshaft piece that bolts to it though.. i couldnt find anything online in the 20 mins i searched for it ;p

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
flyspyder55;1176166 said:
what about plugs, sensors, kickdown cable etc... aside for swapping out tailshaft and bellhousing, the aristo trans would work on a MA?
Full electronic so NO line pressure cable

Jacob;1176952 said:
:) ...this thread made me smile. I woudl have laughed but I am so damn tired.

But yeah the aristo box is kinda worthless. I chucked mine. I was tired of moving ever so often. I kept the bellhousing ...I have this wild imagination with using it to adapt a RB AWD drivetrain to a 1J ...in a modern rat rod ...werd.
Not worthless at all it's a more advanced 340.

935motorsports;1176955 said:
I'll be looking into this as well.

When the shop gets more space I'll be taking apart the tail on both this one and my 7mgte one. I already put the A341 on my 7M, but that was the JZA70 version which had the right tail section.

If you change to the 7M bellhousing and use the JZ TQ converter, it all bolts up on the front.

The main thing is to figure out if the Aristo 2JZGTE trans is any better than the Supra one.

If possible, let's keep this thread informative and technical.

As I said earlier IF you have a way to control it it's not a bad trans, I'm using a PCS controller and it will run the Aristo Trans 100% and allow you to "tune" the trans to do anything you need/imagine.

ie: Adjust ALL shift points, All TC lock/unlock points, Trans pressure, Accumulator pressures to adjust shift quality and has 2 distinct shift tables and a dyno mode along with full logging and many "spare" input/outputs if you need to run anything else in the car.