Iowa Roll Call

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Definitely man. I will try and get you pics tomorrow. Text me just to remind me though :). I'll send you some of both my car and tony's.

Suprasaurus

Nov 7, 2008
Hey guys,

Matt (NewGen) and I are brothers, just thought I'd stop by and say hey!

A link to my build thread is in my signature, don't hate on my mkII; not all of us drive lead sleds ;).

Lee_MA61

Leon Wilson III
Jan 31, 2007
Norwalk, IA
CRsupraiii;1800541 said:
I'm disappointed at the inactivity of this thread!!!

Also pissed that I can't remember the last time I worked on my car. Can anyone help me out with pics for where (specifically) they mounted their intercooler? I am gonna have to drill holes in the frame I believe, but the brackets I have don't line up any-freakin-where...

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

my intercooler mount for my N/A car. you know I just wanted the cool factor. ;)

p1801342_1.jpg

p1801342_2.jpg

p1801342_3.jpg

NewGen;1800812 said:
Yup! Thats exactly who it is lol. There's a 7mgte in it now. Not sure if it runs or not though.

It should be running.. It was when I left, I know he had to replace the clutch as he didn't buy the one I told him too. Oh and he still owes me $600 (from over a year ago) for the engine/swap. I guess that's how reliable bros are..

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
Utterly1337;1801291 said:
Hey guys,

Matt (NewGen) and I are brothers, just thought I'd stop by and say hey!

A link to my build thread is in my signature, don't hate on my mkII; not all of us drive lead sleds ;).

I love the Mk2. Have owned 3 of them but never really got to build one.

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
Anyone in iowa need a complete 7mgte and auto tranny. Thinking of going a different way with my car? If anyone is looking or knows anyone that is let me know.

Randy87T

Oct 1, 2009
Iowa
NewGen;1788023 said:
Sounds like Randy might be eastern!

Glad to hear she'll be on the road! Mine should be tuned on e85 for this coming summer can't wait to tear some people up :).

Nice to meet everyone as well! Randy if you ever make it to Des Moines will have to meet up.

I'm planning on hosting a Supra meet in Des Moines this summer. We might include the scion and lexus people also.

Doesn't get any farther east than me... I am on the river. Very inerested in the Des Moines meet for this summer. It would be easy for me to drive up for the event since I have family in the area to stay with I could get a two for one. I know of only one other person here with a turbocharged car and there aren't any supas around at all so it would be nice to meet some other supra owners.

Since I last messaged you Iowa boys I have installed dual fuel pumps, another -6 fuel line, 120lb (1260cc) injectors and now running E85. Car sounds much stronger just idling and much much stronger when boosting. Got sidelined with having to install a new radiator but did get a Synapse Synchronic bov installed today. Didn't get to try it out because I no sooner got the bov installed and power steering fluid started leaking all over the ground on the driver's side. I just put the car back in the garage and walked away. Will check it out tomorrow. Hopefully it's just a flex line leaking and not the rack. Note: the last time I got upset with the car I put it in the garage and threw the keys in right after. It sat there for almost two yrs before I let it back out. It's been behaving much better lately.

I am just about done with upgrades for now except the megasquirt standalone that I want to buy but will have to sell my safc, avcr, lex afm, nice 3" turbo elbow before I can get the MS. The safc setup made me alot of power but I now need something to control those big injectors finish getting me to my goal of 600rwhp and a 10 sec car. I will have the basics once I get the MS in but will take some good tuning to finish the job. Turbo will be iffy. Am also looking for some wheels to mount some 275 - 295 drag radials on for traction. The 245's that I have now might as well be bicycle tires. They're that worthless and the car is running PIG PIG rich.

Take care all
Randy

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
Randy sounds like a great setup. I hear you about the frustration. I have had a couple times when I had to just walk away for a little while but I keep coming back. I think it is something genetic that makes me have to tinker with perfectly good running cars.

Where on the river do you live? Would love to get a peek at your car sometime as there are precious few imports in the area and fewer supras.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hey Al and Randy, we should all meet up in Iowa City before the meet this summer and then cruise in to Des Moines together!! :) Nothing would bring more joy into my life than an extra 2 hours of supra that day!!

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

Randy87T

Oct 1, 2009
Iowa
Hi Al and Joe

You guys are the closest supras. Yes we will have to get together some weekend when weather is a little warmer and my car is solid. Yes going to Des Moines together would be great. I am located in Burlington... southeast corner of Iowa so not far from either of you really. Would be fun just to get the car on the highway for some distance. It WAS my everyday driver until I started " to tinker with a perfectly good running car". lol. Now all I think about are the numbers 600/10 !! What's up with that !?! Power is an addiction.

Randy

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
emiliorescigno;1801289 said:
Drop a line to the MN guys if/when you have a Des Moines meet. I'd love to go.

Hey man the same to you about any MN meets! I'm only like 3.5-4 hrs from the cities!!! We could all just meet in Cedar Rapids and save you all some driving... :p

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
CRsupraiii;1804762 said:
Hey man the same to you about any MN meets! I'm only like 3.5-4 hrs from the cities!!! We could all just meet in Cedar Rapids and save you all some driving... :p

Don't worry, this WILL happen. We've had meets at the SupraSport shop in Stillwater the last couple years, but it has changed ownership now and I'm not sure if we'll have the space. Regardless, us MN guys are all pretty good friends, so I'm sure a meet or two will happen. I'm always looking for an excuse to go on a roadtrip too, so my attendance at an Iowa meet is pretty much guaranteed.

The itch for winter to end is getting pretty bad now, lol

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Finally got some information on this ORC clutch that came with my R154. Should be able to bolt it all up soon!! Swapping suspension tonight and hopefully dropping the old stock diff.

Anyone have experience with Redline 75W90? I have heard that I should add some extra friction modifier, any recommendations for a good street setup? 3.91 gears.

Also hoping to have enough time to swap all the trim and tail lights :) should be looking even sexier in no time. Now if only I could figure out what to do with that massive void below where my hood used to sit...

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
CRsupraiii;1810733 said:
Finally got some information on this ORC clutch that came with my R154. Should be able to bolt it all up soon!! Swapping suspension tonight and hopefully dropping the old stock diff.

Anyone have experience with Redline 75W90? I have heard that I should add some extra friction modifier, any recommendations for a good street setup? 3.91 gears.

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

What suspension did you get joe?

I've heard great things about redline however i've never used it lol.

What void are you talking about?
Also hoping to have enough time to swap all the trim and tail lights :) should be looking even sexier in no time. Now if only I could figure out what to do with that massive void below where my hood used to sit...

Did you ever get your catch can figured out?

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Well when I first got the car all 4 were stock and obviously blown, so I threw some tokico blues on it re-using stock springs. Then a few months ago I found a low mileage set of blues sprung with a set of eibachs for cheaper than I could get a set of eibachs alone. So slapping those in tonight, actually on my way right now!

By void I mean huge empty hole which remains engine-less :'(
Seeing as there's no engine in there yet I haven't gotten around to even snapping pics of my catch can, much less searching for a spot to throw it.

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I better see some pics :).

Whats the old up on the engine man? You've gotta be getting close. I've been so busy lately or i'd offer to come up. I take my series 6 exam here soon and having to study my ass off.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Got some shiz done. Forgot to take pics of course... Hopefully going back for more tomorrow.

As for the engine, I have been held up mostly by my busy schedule, but I did need to sort out misc things like wiring in a 7M oil pressure sensor, PCV replacement, and waiting for ever to hear back about this ORC clutch. Now that I have that info though I can finally bolt up the engine and tranny.

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Do you have the driftmotion adapter for the stock 7m sensor? If so use the 7m sending unit. Get in touch with Curt Aigner from elmhurst toyota and order a 1986-1992 oil pressure sending unit pin and connection along with the sender boot. He should have it all to you next day. you should beable to order the stock pcv lines from him as well for the 1jzgte. :)

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Oh no, I have all of that stuff done now, those were just some things that held me up. Had to wait a while to find the 7M oil pressure plug. Just swapped the PCV out last night actually! And I even got it from Curt!! He truly is the man!

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone