Iowa Roll Call

mark1987supra

work in progress
May 26, 2008
Des Moines
Hey guys i'm new to Iowa, live in the Des Moines area I have an 1987 targa 7MGTE. Just got it back from sound performance, shes running E85 and put out 620HP. She will be out and about this spring if I can get the body work done.

Attachments

• Engine Bay Almost Finished.jpg
    Engine Bay Almost Finished.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
mark1987supra;1791559 said:
Hey guys i'm new to Iowa, live in the Des Moines area I have an 1987 targa 7MGTE. Just got it back from sound performance, shes running E85 and put out 620HP. She will be out and about this spring if I can get the body work done.

Hey man, I wouldn't mind meeting you sometime. I need to know who's hp goal I'm chasing the des moines area ;).

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
mark1987supra;1791784 said:
I hope to meet all you guys this spring some time when I bring her out for the first time.

Yes we will all have to meet you and your car of course.
I think I am going down to missouri to get a parts car in one of the next few weekends. I am pumped.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I agree. I'm going to be feeling alot better about this summer once I get the emanage removed from this harness and shortened about 7 inches.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm gonna be feeling a lot better about summer once this thing runs....

Hahaha but seriously; need to swap suspension parts and I'm strongly considering re-bushing control arms while I'm at it. Possibly adding some aftermarket sway bars, any input here? What are you all running?

Oh and of course that is if I can ever get this engine dropped.

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Whats the status of your build right now Joe?

I've got all stock bushings and sway bars :naughty: . My car was never really intended to handle well though.

I believe Nick has aftermarket sway bars if were lucky he'll reply back.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
It's sitting as pictured on the first page. Still engine-less : / but just waiting on a few minor details before I slip it in. Gotta scrub the engine bay too before D-day! :)

Otherwise not a whole ton to do to the car... Before spring hopefully:

-12V mod
-Swap springs/Struts
-Swap Diffs
-Swap Trim and Tails
-Potential re-bush with some poly love

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Doesn't seem like to much. I'd really like to make it up there. I've got so much on my plate right now. I'm trying to get more parts sold to support the habit, all the projects on the supra, all the projects still pending on the rx7. It's almost overwhelming.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
It is heated this year!! Last winter was absolutely brutal working with numb hands every single day :'(

If you can let me know what days you wanna work and I'll get them off. Are you thinking like a Saturday+Sunday gang bang?? Coming up I'll be having class on Fridays but I could be in Des Moines by like 3-4 if ya wanna make it a 3 day orgy.

Oh P.S. I'm 21 now!!!!! :D

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Ya not gona lie i'd probably retract my offer if it wasn't heated haha. I did my inital jz swap the whole thing in the winter and the garage wasn't insulated or heated. It was soooo cold!

I'll let you know soon. When I come up I would just assume say a couple days and get as much work as possible! I don't get out of work till 5-5:30pm so no hurry on friday's :).

My Girl friend is only 19 but we can hit up a sports bar theres a few around that are a good time or theres buffalo wild wings thats a great time as well.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
NewGen;1792482 said:
Whats the status of your build right now Joe?

I've got all stock bushings and sway bars :naughty: . My car was never really intended to handle well though.

I believe Nick has aftermarket sway bars if were lucky he'll reply back.

your lucky day

I have cusco sway bars

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I'm sure they really helped. They came on nicks car i'm sure but I think he did take them off if thats any consolation? :)