intermittent white smoke.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Well this is just great, my car has been smoking on and off for a couple of months only when idling, then with a little revving it clears up. I had the IC pipe off today to change the alternator and the pipe is nice and oily inside. I had the stock pea shooters rebuilt almost two years ago with garrett internals and they have been on the car running great for about 18 months now. so now my dilemma is to either have another set rebuilt so I can keep driving this, go single or get the willwood brake upgrade.
First thing I guess is to pull the front pipe off and see if one or both are gushing.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Rebuilt 1JZ CT12A's. I have a CT26 57 trim thats still in the box from my failed 7M rebuild but don't have the DM adapter or that would probably be the cheapest alternative.

Last edited:

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
white smoke means water vaporization, oil combustion generates a very Blue smoke
And the waterjacket of a turbo center-housing does not have any pathway into either the oil or the Turbine-housing.... if thats the case, then the centerhousing must be cracked.

I think you are having some issues with your headgasket, somehow feeding water into the cylinders at idle sending compressed air back down into the engine block creating cranckase pressure..... the pressure (oil vapor) gets sucked into the inlet of the turbos (if stock configuration is used) and everything looks oily and greasy in the tubes.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
I have been checking coolant and oil. The coolant has no loss and oil is down over a quart in a week where before this problem surfaced the oil had hardly any loss between changes. It also has that burned oil smell.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Oil can be blue or white.. isn't seafoam mostly oil? And when that Burns its a giant James bond smoke screen.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Well just so we don't have another thread un-resolved Ill tell what the problem was. The PCV valve I replaced about a year and a half ago which was a 2J PCV from Toyota was gummed up so I installed a new one and it isn't smoking anymore. Now I can sit in traffic happily idling away and not be embarressed by the smokescreen that only happened when there were alot of people around.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
As someone who likes to routinely search for random stuff on the forums, I can't tell you how frustrating it is to find countless threads saying "search, it has been covered before," and not even a handful that have the right answer. Thank you for following up!