Interior Electrical Problems

tercelica

Jul 26, 2006
Las Vegas
OK, sooo i went to wal mart today, and well.. guess i left my headlights on. OOPS... so well worse gets to worse... My friend came to jump start my car, well on his car he put the black part of the jumper cable on the positive and the positive on his negative... red with black, black with red... sooo when he put his jumper cables on my car me putting the red w/ red and black w/ black... well i see a spark... SOOO i'm like wtf... so i look at his cables first, and wtf do you know... he put them the wrong way... i'm like... did you even look at where you were putting them... Now my car wouldn't start at all with the key... It will start now because i put a starter button for temporary till i figure this out.

Now my power seats, my power windows, key doesnt start the car but key turns on my fuel??, tail lights and brake lights don't work... My guess was the relays and the Circuit breaker... but I reset the CB and still nothing... and i changed out majority of my relays, and the car still is the same way sinse my friend did the jumpstart. Any ideas guys? any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Along with the fuses check the fusible links (in the box by the battery), that much reverse current could definitely fry those.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
1st of all, slap that foo'!

2nd of all, check all your fuses, and relays and hope nothing got TOO fucked up..

3rd of all, didnt know you posted here too..:D

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
RazoE said:
1st of all, slap that foo'!

2nd of all, check all your fuses, and relays and hope nothing got TOO fucked up..

3rd of all, didnt know you posted here too..:D

i go with # 1 and ask your friend to pay for the fuses and relays. how can he not see RED and RED go together.

tercelica

Jul 26, 2006
Las Vegas
Yeah really, I'm going to pimp slap that foo ;)... but yeah after messing with the car for a few hours today, I found 1 fuse that was out... the "gauge" fuse... which I think controls a ton of different stuff according to cygnusx... ehhh soooo I changed that out and it seems like its normal but when i try to start it, the car acts like the car is... dead... like the battery died... but it cant be dead, because I charged it up... sooo I'm taking a wild guess here guys.... Fuseable links?? i'll check again tomorow when i get the time... any other ideas?? stuff for me to check again? HI RAZO! Thanks once again SM

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
let me know, my car does the same shit..

i jump it, and it works fine, but all of a sudden a few days later *CLICK*, fucker's dead..

new alternator, battery, and starter...:(

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Check the 100 AMP ALT fuse in the box in the engine compartment. It may have blown due to that. YOu will have to unbolt it, not pull it it out. The older 7ms had a fusible link instead of that Fuse in there, You can't miss it. Check that link and change it anyways.

You are in Lathrop . Cali?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
tercelica said:
Yeah Lathrop Cali :) I'll check out that 100amp alt fuse... that will cause the car to seem all dim like when trying to start?

Ofcourse. You mentioned none of the accessories work after this and your car works with a switch at the moment. You can tell this fuse s out by turning the key to ACC position and checking to see if any of your normal ACC powered items come on. YOur power seats and stuff should be dead as well.

tercelica

Jul 26, 2006
Las Vegas
well, everything is acting normal, but it acts like its low on power. Like my windows... now they want to go down, but its like there is no power? same with the seats, moves really really... really slow... even after i charged the battery. you know when your battery dies, and you try to start the car, and the lights on your gauges get dimmer... its like that... but with a full battery.

tercelica

Jul 26, 2006
Las Vegas
hmm... I know the battery was at 12v when i tested it w/ my voltmeter, but my volt gauge on my car... i didn't look at that... i'll check that some time tomorow also... if i get the time again...

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
A voltmeter isn't going to tell you a thing about the battery's ability to hold a charge, it's ability to supply power under a load, it's ability to take a charge and so on...

Just take it to a parts store and have them run a full diag on it. Some places do it for free some charge $10-$20, but when you get it back it'll be fully charged and you'll know whether or not that's the prob.

Also, keep in mind that it can take a VERY long time for your alternator to recharge a battery that's been severely depleted. It gets even longer with each and ever accessory your running.

tercelica

Jul 26, 2006
Las Vegas
Well, i changed out the 100amp fuse and everything is 90% normal... excluding the knocking sounds... but i can find that on here somewhere ;). THANKS AGAIN GUYZ!!

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Can you tell me if your engine light is on when the car is not started and the key is in the on position? I have the exact same problem in my 87 toyota but the wire that goes to the alternator toutched the block and now I also have interior electrical problems as well.