interior color change I'm put please

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
20141005_165846.jpg 20141005_170150.jpg
Here is what I did to prep tell me what you guy think so far.
SOS pad de-greaser vinyl prep spray with adhesion promoter and vinyl/fabric paint

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
If preped properly it will stay like all paint its in the prep. i tried to scratch it i could not i tested on burgundy, tanish brown,grey,and blue interior. The burgundy bleeds through like something fierce kept coming out black with a hint of bit of burgundy tint. Brown and gray takes more coats but comes out ok. The blue works well with the vinyl paint takes minimal coats for proper coverage end result with the dark blue base gives a very rich jet black look lucky for me i have a complete set of blue interior that's in one of my other supras.

Last edited:

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This is the color I wish it were from the factory. Love to see some pics after the install.

As I am sure most here are thinking, I would be concerned about it scratching off easily and looking bad through use.

This is what has always held me back from doing this.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
Flateric;2025311 said:
This is the color I wish it were from the factory. Love to see some pics after the install.

As I am sure most here are thinking, I would be concerned about it scratching off easily and looking bad through use.

This is what has always held me back from doing this.
I took a wire brush to it scuffed a little a then wiped with interior wipe can't hardly see it again it's all in the prep u get what you put into it

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Looks good. Make sure to change out the lower black carpet, recover mid-panel fabric and the speaker grill. I painted the smaller speaker deal. I did the mid-panels and targa/roof liner in a black crushed velvet that looked pretty kewl. Latest Supra has the shadow grey interior, so I've not replaced much in the panels.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Alternatively you can use Colorbond paint/dye. It's really neither. Best stuff I have ever seen. Super expensive however at around $15 a can. It's a formula that chemically bonds with whatever you spray it to. On vinyl and leather/pleather it works like a charm without even adhesion promoter. Tried to scratch the stuff off as hard as I could and didn't make a difference. On hard plastics you need the adhesion promoter they make and it's the same deal.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
IchibanEye;2025573 said:
Oh shizzz, you called me on it. Looks like I need to start saving up my gas money.
lol well that seems like you might be more than just a state over how long will you have to save for this trip here I hope it don't include a boat for the supra too lol