Insurance...

TomFraser

My supra is my first car and will be insured under progressive.

I got quotes from most of the companies that do insurance in Massachusetts and progressive was the lowest.

I will pay 1480 a year for insurance with no collision, 100,000 property damage, and 40,000 medical bills (better not hit any honda driving pussies ;) )

Being 16 this price is not bad because some of my friends pay up to 4000 for their new expensive sports cars.

What are people's experiences with progressive? What do people pay that have similar insurance?

pparrigo

India Delta OneZero Tango
Feb 12, 2008
WNY
We have progressive... I don't know if its our local agent or the company in general, but we've always found them to be helpful and accomodating.

Also, for me, they are way cheaper than Geico.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
lol because I thought the STI was expensive...

I just have an awesome agent, I call him up when something is up and he takes care of everything.

My family is like his #1 customer, he buys the pic for our hog roast every year. :icon_bigg

Have you tried putting your name on one of your parents cars... metro, s10, something along those lines and then having their name on the Supra? We did it this route when I was 16, saved about $20-30/month... something to think about.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I pay just under 1k a year for my 89, full coverage under AIG, with my mods insured as well. The + side is that it is the 5th car on me and my parents insurance.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Progressive has always been good to my family as well. Adding the Supra to ours increased the price somewhere around $720 a year, minimum coverage (dunno the specifics, didn't set up the policy).

88 turbo 5 speed hard top, 17, one accident no recorded tickets. Accident was a minor fender bender and only raised the bill $10 or so a month.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
<<<< $280 for basic liability for the Turbo per yer.

I think the N/A is around 500/year but it has a few extras on it like medical and uninsured motorists and such.

I'm 21, but I have a sparkling clean driving record. :)

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
suprarx7nut;1073304 said:
<<<< $280 for basic liability for the Turbo per yer.

I think the N/A is around 500/year but it has a few extras on it like medical and uninsured motorists and such.

I'm 21, but I have a sparkling clean driving record. :)

...Really...?

What company? And how many other cars are on your plan?