Installing fuel pressure sensor location

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
where does a FP sensor need to be installed to get stable and accurate readings. I am using a AEM ecu and currently have the pressure sensor installed just after the stock junction under the intake manifold. From here the fuel line continues to the rail. then the fuel line comes out of the other end of the rail and to the AFPR. there is a mechanical gauge in the AFPR to set fuel pressure.

The aem displays the FP but it is a bit choppy and jumps around a bit. I dont know if this is from FP pulsations from the injectors going off (720s) or the walbro varying around to fuel needs.

Would it be better to T off the afpr and put the sensor with the mechanical gauge or would that just monitor what the regulator is putting out and not what the fp actually is in the rail?

thanks,

hal

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
The regulator, regulates fuel pressure, the gauge on the FPR is what the fuel pressure is in the rail.

How much does it jump around? 1-2 psi or like 10-20?

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
it can jump around from raw voltage of 1v valley to 2.6v peak on the log. Thats about 13 psi to 52 psi. up and down. this at a steady cruize of 3500 rpm and -5.5 psi. o2 readings are good. i dont know why it would oscilate so wildly.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
i think it does but i have not been able to find where it is. I would also like to filter down some on the map sensor too. Other sensors have specific sensitivity controls. Have not found them for FP sensor (installed in ADR 11 in aem) nor for the map sensor.