Installing Evo 8/9 I/C In 89 Supra

koldfire08

Jul 5, 2009
Las Vegas
I just picked up the I/C super cheap, but i wanted to know if anyone has done it and if so, what did you do to mount it on there.
I highly doubt it'd be a Bolt-On Application, so any help would be highly appreciated, I am also getting aftermarket piping from a part-out for the stock I/C, just more information.

Thanks,
Jose

mk3design

The Name is Snakes
Jul 1, 2006
Arizona
Well its deffinatly not going to be bolt on as the inlet and outlet are on opposite sides and the OEM are on the same side.. You are going to have to route the piping differently, and will need some 45deg couplers for the inlet/outlet because of the weird downward angle(http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n144/BigBJoost/For%20Sale Stuff/IMG_2586.jpg?t=1255065965).

Do-able but why not just sell it? Ive seen them go for above $100+ on the evo forums(evolutionm.net) and just get a regular straight across kind.

koldfire08

Jul 5, 2009
Las Vegas
Its a 24x12x3, 2.5in Inlet*Left Side*/outlet*Right Side*

I have a guy selling me the piping for the stock I/C, but I dont know how much more i'd have to do to the stock i/C pipes to make this I/C Functional.

Im considering just buying another, but this is a nice size I/C for 30 bucks. haha

AS_supra

Apr 22, 2008
cali
i did it to my old supra.:naughty:.. and no its not a direct fit or wat so watever.
i got to cut my bumper and the hold it in place is custom. i use chain and tab to weld it in place. funny thing is i tied chain and so on to my other car and pulled on the ic but it didnt move at all. any thing ask me..:biglaugh:

here is the pic.

sm_photo_missing.jpg