Installing A Boost Gauge

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
I went out and bought a cheap (APC) boost gauge tonight just for shits and giggles. I also bought a pillar pod, but it doesn't fit and looks like crap, so it's getting returned.

The instructions are crap, nothing but pictures. There's a power inverter type thing, which has one red wire, one white wire, and two black wires. I'll be installing it where the astray -was-, so I'll be splicing into the light for the ashtray.

So, the red wire goes to Batt +, the white is ground, and the two black go to the gauge for lighting. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that is what I ascertained from the poor wiring diagram.

My most important question is, where should I tee the line to? The MAP sensor looks most convenient, but I don't want to screw anything up. I'm deep into uncharted waters when it comes to turbo cars, and 1JZ stuff still kinda boggles me. Can I get a little help? :1zhelp:

(Oh, and if anyone in NorCal is not doing anything tonight, I will be more than happy to drive TO you and buy you a case/bottle of whatever it is you like to drink. :D)

C

cnewingham

I ran mine off one of the nipples on the side of the manifold. Works just fine. I didnt want to interfere with the vac signal to the map sensor at all. You can see where mine is in the back by the booster. Its the line with red zipties
sm_photo_missing.jpg

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
cnewingham said:
I ran mine off one of the nipples on the side of the manifold. Works just fine. I didnt want to interfere with the vac signal to the map sensor at all. You can see where mine is in the back by the booster. Its the line with red zipties
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Very clean engine bay:love: , mad props to you my supra brotha.:icon_bigg

C

cnewingham

BlackMKIII said:
cn - Is that a stock manifold that was coated? Just covering my bases before I go tearing into the car in the cold. :aigo:

Yes it is a stock manifold just polished.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Nice work Alex.
Sorry I could not reposnd to your request for help earlier in the thread. I was out with my family for a Chromas inthe Park thingy...bloody cold as heck...
You got it done and then some....pat yourself on the back,.. :)