Installed MBC now car just seems to overboost and hit Fuel Cut

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So i installed this type of Boost controller just like the picture
p1710468_1.jpg

and now all the car does is hit fuel cut or boost cut not sure witch. just jerk while accelerating.. so is this just a shitty MBC or did i do something wrong i kept the vaccum lines pretty short.

car pulls good after i get past the jerking it does it in 2nd and 1st gear pulls and 3rd. but if i out it in 5th and sometimes 4th i can get it to accel and you can feel it tugging just a tiny bit sometimes.

So im sure its ethier the way i installed it or its just a faulty controller (ebay $20)

I also have stock boost gauge and with the controller turned all the way down the gauge just pins out in every gear..

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IJ.;1710469 said:
Sure you have it installed with the arrow facing the correct way?

Does it settle if you wind the controller right back?

yeah its facing the Waste gate. and the other side is going to the pipe on the turbo just like the stock hose ran.

Not sure what you mean about does it settle if i wind it back? The MBC causes it to overboost no matter where it is set it can be all the way closed or opened acording to the dial doesnt seem to make a difference.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
If you keep overboosting make try to turn your boost inlet hoses around see if that helps. Maybe you might have it backwards and just think it's on correctly.

Or just make sure the boost inlet thats coming right off the turbo side is feeding into the side that has the small metal ball bearing. Take it off and look through the nipple to see the ball bearing and connect the boost inlet hose thats off the turbo to that and you should be good to go.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
it's not rocket science so if it is installed correct it. is a bad controller. The spring is stretched or something

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
mdr40z;1710512 said:
it's not rocket science so if it is installed correct it. is a bad controller. The spring is stretched or something

Yeah the picture is pretty striaght forward. lol

I can blow through one side of the T and not the other the side i can blow through is going to the Turbo Housing because the arrow points to the wastegate.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So i took apart the T and the Ball is on the wrong side of the spring according to the above photo in Post #1

* UPDATED *

So i just took the car for a spin. boost controller all the way shut.

2nd and 3rd gear hit fuel cut at first until 4800-5200 rpm range when i can see the boost start creeping down to about 6.5-7psi at high rpm. 2500-4700rpm boost has stock gauge pinned out.

Last edited: