Installed Greddy EBC

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
So I installed my greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller while waiting for my injectors to come back from DM to get cleaned. Installing the EBC was very easy and pretty straight forward, I mounted it almost directly beside the turbo and got power from the cigarette lighter where my AEM UEGO is mounted at.

I had to go get gas in my car anyways so I took her out for a test drive, well guess what I forgot to do.. I forgot to zero out the full boost controller, I zeroed everything out BUT the set % for the 'wanted' boost level. I pulled out on to the road, being careful and waiting for the car to come up to temperature and letting the trans/diff warm up. When the car warmed up, I got into her. Now at this point I thought I had everything zeroed, punched it in first and was like :aigo: ass end was sliding everywhere and I looked down to see what I was running and it said 11.5 PSI. I figured out why it did that and finally had EVERYTHING zeroed, the response on the turbo now is amazing. It quickly comes alive now, much faster than when it was just on WGA pressure, I can really see how the solenoid helps with spool.

With everything zeroed the car runs 7.6 psi and slowly creeps up to 9 and hits fuel cut.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Nick M;1897163 said:
With it zeroed, as you call it, you are on the mechanical wastegate actuator.

Yes I know, it's where I wanted it. I don't have an aftermarket gauge in my car so I've never really gotten an accurate reading on my vacuum/psi.

I'll be bumping it up to around 11 for low and 15 or 16 for high when I get my injectors back from DM.

B shaw

Jan 9, 2013
Tx
I have an issue with mine holding boost. If I turn it off the car holds 14 strong all day long. When I turn it on and set to 18 psi it shoots way up. Has hit 22.3 psi so far and stays there. No matter what % I set it to it will creep up well above what I have it set to. With it on low setting it spikes then goes to what I set it to and creeps back up. I'm curious to see if anyone knows how to get it to hold what I set it to without creeping or severely spiking. I've read the manual and it seems the only way around the spike I've found is a slow spool that constantly rises above what it's set to.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The other setting control how quickly it comes on. If you set it to come on as fast as you can, it will go over your setting. If you keep it wound up to spool as fast as it can, dial back duty cycle until it stays at 18.