Install is300 coil packs on 7mgte

walkertx2008

Vivian is a bad Bitch
Oct 1, 2008
Robins Air Force Base, GA
Hey guys I got the is300 coil packs to put on my 7m but they didn't come with the wiring harness or clips and I have no idea how to install them, I've searched around and can't find any solid info on a proper install, and if any one has the clips so I can make my own harness it would be greatly appreciated, as would any and all advice on the subject would be awesome along with pictures, thanks guys

walkertx2008

Vivian is a bad Bitch
Oct 1, 2008
Robins Air Force Base, GA
So aside from where the coil packs go what plugs do the wires go on? From the coils? And if I don't have the clips which wires do I soder to the factory clip? And this install will work with out changing the other electronics?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
From what I understood (and I may be 100% incorrect) you wouldn't really bother doing this unless you were going to sequential firing order instead of wasted spark. That would require a stand alone to control it.

Bmettie

Apr 27, 2010
Florida
Grandavi;2013009 said:
From what I understood (and I may be 100% incorrect) you wouldn't really bother doing this unless you were going to sequential firing order instead of wasted spark. That would require a stand alone to control it.

that setup is wasted spark.
walkertx2008;2012990 said:
Hey guys I got the is300 coil packs to put on my 7m but they didn't come with the wiring harness or clips and I have no idea how to install them, I've searched around and can't find any solid info on a proper install, and if any one has the clips so I can make my own harness it would be greatly appreciated, as would any and all advice on the subject would be awesome along with pictures, thanks guys
search for 1jz/2jz injector clips and you'll find them. Basically you need to extended the factory harness to reach the new coils positions. I did this and made a new harness using connectors from eastern beaver. Coils go on 2/3/6 with the wires running to 2-5/3-4/6-1.