injectors are leaking....pissing me off

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Alright so i have put about 100 miles on the car since i finished timing control/FFIM mods. During the initial start-up i had no problems with fuel but yesterday when i parked the car i noticed a very intense smell of gasoline coming from the motor. So i look around and see a small puddle of fuel between my cylinder 1 and 2 runners on the intake Manifold. I try turning it over again and see that injector #1 is sipping fuel from the top of the rail. So i take off the damn injector and the o-ring seems to be in good condition so I grease it and put it back in the rail. Then my injectors 3, 4, 5, and 6 start leaking after i put the first one back in.....Im like WTF? So today i took off the whole rail, and took out each injector to make sure they were all seated properly....I put them back in and i made it worse because now they all leak except for injector #1 (which was my problem to begin with).....Im about to go apeshit with these damn injectors....These are brand new 680cc PTE injectors with brand new o-rings. Torqued to 13ft-lbs.....I have to be doing something wrong but i don't know what, any ideas? thanks guys

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I am assuming you mean if the injectors are pressed right up against the rail? Which they are, otherwise I am not sure what you mean....could you please elaborate?

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I already ordered a set.....but these are brand freaking new! Why the hell would they be bad? I am having entirely too many problems with something that should not even be an issue since I purchased everything new....

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
Could have damaged them by improper installation, could be defective from the factory. Are they OEM, or aftermarket?

Last edited: